Got any good deals on used Original Collection guitars?

Reaction score
I bought my 2020 Gibson Les Paul Special off Craigslist for $1150. Least expensive I've come across for a pretty much new guitar. It had been on there for over a week and I couldn't believe someone hadn't bought it yet. It was mint w/ all the paperwork and Gibson hardshell case. It's an addicting guitar to play and the best guitar I've owned out of about 40-50 over the years.

Love the TV Yellow finish (it's not sticky like some reviews say), binding, neck shape, tuners, fret size, inlayed logo, clearness of sound of the the volume and tone controls, wraparound tailpiece, multi-ply pickguard and general sound of the guitar.

The only thing I might change would be to add pointer knobs in the future. My Special also didn't have any of the problems I've read about in certain reviews w/ paint overspray, crooked screws, crooked truss rod cover, etc. The fretboard is also nice and dark.

I had previously owned a Gibson Les Paul Junior and having middle/neck and neck pickup options has been so fun to explore! Well worth the $100 extra over the Les Paul Junior, IMHO. Absolutely love the neck_middle and neck pickup! Little did I know what I was missing out on for years w/ the one pickup Junior!

The Special feels like twice the quality over my 2011 Gibson Les Paul Junior. I highly recommend the Original Collection if you find one used. I've seriously been thinking about selling some other gear to fund another Original Collection addition. Killer guitars!!

Last edited:

jskidder

Reaction score
Seems like a standard deal for a private sale. I've kicked the tires on some brand new ones recently and a few different dealers offered me $1300.

Latest Threads