Got a Rockerverb

Gryphon

Reaction score
To my ears, an Orange is a more straightforward rock n' roll sound than Marshall. No pedals required.
I'd almost completely agree; you can certainly set it up so that your rhythm sound is found with guitar vol on 6-7, lead on 9-10, but I find adding a little drive using an OCD helps to make it scream and sustain as needed for some genres.

The thing I really like is no need for separate channels or boost switches, just adjust preamp Gain to genre and off you go

Classicplayer

Reaction score
The OCD was one the recommended drive pedals by Jon Bailey, an engineer for Orange amps.

My Dark Terror can be set so that I get “cleans” on my Les Paul neck pup, Gritty tones from the bridge pup, and middle position for subdued Gritty tones. for all out “scream” I would experiment with some drive pedals, but I never really need that tone.

Classicplayer

Last edited:

afjungemann

Reaction score
The RV MKIII is amazing. I have a combo and head version of it weirdly enough because of an odd trade scenario but I can’t bring myself to sell either. So much versatility while being simple.

for those wanting to try an AD30, it is well worth it. I think the RV is a bit more flexible but the AD30 is dripping with inspiration.

frater106

Reaction score
The Rockerverb MK III combo looks amazing! I’d love to own one. Prohibitively expensive for me, but I understand the Dark Terror is based on the Rockerverb’s dirty channel, so…I’ll be rocking that come October.

frater106

Reaction score
I'd almost completely agree; you can certainly set it up so that your rhythm sound is found with guitar vol on 6-7, lead on 9-10, but I find adding a little drive using an OCD helps to make it scream and sustain as needed for some genres.

The thing I really like is no need for separate channels or boost switches, just adjust preamp Gain to genre and off you go
This just came in the other day.
325C93E3-3F38-4D44-B7E6-D4687B5FF9DA.jpeg

frater106

Reaction score
In the smaller lunchbox size amps, which would be nearest the Rockerverb sound and tone characteristics? I have a Dark Terror that I really get alon with, but the OR-15 head seems to be a better fit!?

Classicplayer
The Dark Terror gain channel is based on the Rocketverb.

Latest Threads