Got a Rockerverb

Seven

Reaction score
I had no idea these things had an attenuator. :dude: At almost 50lbs this thing is a hoss. The tones are awesome fully cranked or attenuated down to almost a whisper. The reverb is also really good. Much better than I was expecting.

IMG_5298.jpg

Gryphon

Reaction score
If it's the OR15's big brother you can't go wrong.

Now I've owned the OR15 for a few months I think the thing that Orange does so well is their preamp design. They use 4 preamp tubes when many other brands use 3, and the result is that their amps can go from almost clean to almost metal on the twist of one Gain knob without having to resort to a 'boost' switch. By keeping a boost switch out the design not only do they leave out the inevitable solid state components that usually provide said boost, but also make the amp much simpler to use. I don't think I'd ever want an amp with 'boost' ever again; it just tells me they didn't know how to design the preamp right.

So full marks to Orange.

Wudchuk

Reaction score

Now I've owned the OR15 for a few months I think the thing that Orange does so well is their preamp design. They use 4 preamp tubes when many other brands use 3, and the result is that their amps can go from almost clean to almost metal on the twist of one Gain knob without having to resort to a 'boost' switch. By keeping a boost switch out the design not only do they leave out the inevitable solid state components that usually provide said boost, but also make the amp much simpler to use. I don't think I'd ever want an amp with 'boost' ever again; it just tells me they didn't know how to design the preamp right.

So full marks to Orange.
Amen to that!

Classicplayer

Reaction score
In the smaller lunchbox size amps, which would be nearest the Rockerverb sound and tone characteristics? I have a Dark Terror that I really get alon with, but the OR-15 head seems to be a better fit!?

Classicplayer

Seven

Reaction score
Congratulations.

Love my Oranges! No scurvy in our house!

Thinking of an AD30 or a Rockerverb.

Can you elaborate on the “attenuator “? Are you discussing the gain knob?

Thanks.
It has a built in attenuator on the front of the amp that can get you those cranked tones at bedroom-level volumes. The attenuator is the knob on the left.

IMG_5343.jpg

Central Scrutinizer

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having an on board attenuator is very appealing.
Have tried a couple of attenuators, did not like the amps sound when attenuated.

I don’t have an Orange dealer anywhere near me to try one out. Mostly rely on others reviews for purchase ( on line ) .

Life in the boonies...

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
That’s one amp brand I’ve yet to try out.. they’re popular with some guys I know around here… but they’re all about the doom.. orange amps and p90s.. to each is their own.

matthew bear

Reaction score
That’s one amp brand I’ve yet to try out.. they’re popular with some guys I know around here… but they’re all about the doom.. orange amps and p90s.. to each is their own.
They doom pretty well…
But, either the clean channel cranked or the OD channel dialed back will give a very classic crunch in these RV amps. Other than the size/weight and having more firepower than I need, it’s truly my favorite amp.
And the AD 30 is definitely on my bucket list amps. I’m a fan :D

frater106

Reaction score

So full marks to Orange.
Yeah, the OR15 sounds great-I rather preferred it to the Rocker 15.

frater106

Reaction score
Got a great price on a Micro Dark, but decided to wait for a Dark Terror to ship in October.

Latest Threads