Goodbye California - Hello Florida

rfrizz

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shocking to hear of it-- I thought all 53 thousand or so square miles of Florida were perfectly homogeneous whereas all matters pertaining to demographics were concerned.

To hear that there may be some areas that are crime infested, while others are safe? What a revelation! :shock:
Dammit! Apologies. Another crap job on my part with the wording.

"What are some of the good areas in Florida?"

Beats the hell outta me... :hmm:

Perhaps you should ask somebody who doesn't actually live here. They always seem to be particular experts when it comes to this state. :thumb:

--R :p
But they watch TV and read the webs, so How... sputter How... How DARE you question their expertise! :naughty:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you should ask somebody who doesn't actually live here. They always seem to be particular experts when it comes to this state. :thumb:

--R :p
Now Robob, our fellow Mulers are one thing but if word got out all over about just how laid back and safe it is down South, we couldn't stir em with a stick in no time. They ain't use to going into a gas station and folks behind the counter asking where you were yesterday or telling you they just put on fresh coffee because they knew you were coming. It's cool to go into a restaurant and telling you what you're going to order because it is Wednesday. Some things are best kept close to the chest... Folks will be flocking down here in droves.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be honest though, a couple weeks ago we had a major crime wave explode close to the shop. An idiot shoplifted an item from Dollar Gentrul across from my shop. The rapid response dragnet corralled the ass clown a block over. It was pretty intense for about three minutes. Damn crime wave from hell I tell ya what.

rfrizz

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now Robob, our fellow Mulers are one thing but if word got out all over about just how laid back and safe it is down South, we couldn't stir em with a stick in no time. They ain't use to going into a gas station and folks behind the counter asking where you were yesterday or telling you they just put on fresh coffee because they knew you were coming. It's cool to go into a restaurant and telling you what you're going to order because it is Wednesday. Some things are best kept close to the chest... Folks will be flocking down here in droves.
I see your concern, but I can't say I'm very worried. They will be like fish out of water and run run run away. :io:

Hell, they think ice tea is spelled iced tea. These are the kind of people who manage national chain restaurants from corporate, and serve only unsweet tea in their Southern locations. And they think it is OK to serve tea brewed at 10:30 in the morning for dinner at 7:30 at night!!1!!!!!111!! Even worse, they call tea with sugar in it "sweetened tea." :hyper: :eek:

A story my grandmother told me about a visit NYC back in the '50s...
Someone on a bus dropped something which rolled next to her foot. When she picked it up and handed it to the person who'd dropped it, everyone looked at her like she was picking her nose or something. Common courtesy a faux pas.

After a couple of experiences with strangers saying "Sir/Ma'am, I think you were in line ahead of me" and they will be curled up on the floor in the fetal position and sucking their thumbs. :wtf:

We will be OK. They will wind up going to Arizona.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
To be honest though, a couple weeks ago we had a major crime wave explode close to the shop. An idiot shoplifted an item from Dollar Gentrul across from my shop. The rapid response dragnet corralled the ass clown a block over. It was pretty intense for about three minutes. Damn crime wave from hell I tell ya what.
CA473A3F-6622-4755-86F6-57346BF89DFF.jpeg

Meatwad

Reaction score
Moon Pies......or Slim Jims?

• Haha
Reactions: ehb

Hamtone

Reaction score
Most people think florida and think central or south florida, and have no idea that the I10/panhandle is an entirely different animal. I lived on the emerald coast for about 9 years, and wouldnt change a thing. Yes there is a general lack of sophistication in most cases, yes there are some challenges, but its about the last vestige of free America that I know, which makes odd and ends bitch's i have about it, completely non-issues.

Pensacola is entirely different than where I am (about 85mi east) and i shant ever be moving back to the north east, EVER. I was even here for the 3rd most powerful storm to ever hit conus, and watched my city look like a warzone for 18 months, and still would never even consider going back to the north east.

K.O.M.A.

Reaction score
Most people think florida and think central or south florida, and have no idea that the I10/panhandle is an entirely different animal. I lived on the emerald coast for about 9 years, and wouldnt change a thing. Yes there is a general lack of sophistication in most cases, yes there are some challenges, but its about the last vestige of free America that I know, which makes odd and ends bitch's i have about it, completely non-issues.

Pensacola is entirely different than where I am (about 85mi east) and i shant ever be moving back to the north east, EVER. I was even here for the 3rd most powerful storm to ever hit conus, and watched my city look like a warzone for 18 months, and still would never even consider going back to the north east.
PC?

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

PC, more commonly known as The Redneck Riviera has gone to shit.... A couple decades back they wanted to attract spring breakers from Lauderdale, Daytona, etc. there.... They got MTV to do a big televised party during spring break...... Didn't take long before biz wanted the spring breakers outa there..... Some close down during spring break just so they won't have to deal with the cra cra....

Was more family oriented...quaint motels, cafes, etc.. Now you can hardly see the water for all the big condos.... You can hardly drive anywhere the traffic is so bad at times... Buds of mine that moved there way back got the hell out and came back up here a few years ago.... One said 'I can't even go to the damn store and back within a hour or two....and I ain't far at all... They played down there and bitched because it was hell GETTING to the gig.... 98 beach side is a joke trying to drive anywhere....

Folks don't realize how one tall ass condo can dick traffic in the area... then add a condo on either side with a bunch of floors.... Population density just went through the roof..... Now line the entire stretch of rod with hi-rise condos....

To borrow one of my dad's old sayings and apply it to The Redneck Riviera, "I ain't lost a damn thing down there I need to go look for..."

I'm down in Sara out on a Key at the moment. Traffic is not as bad or crazy here as in The Redneck Riviera... There's traffic but not jacked or squatted four wheel drive dipshit trucks, idiots from hell on rental scooters, or sports cars with teens and some older (physically) hanging out the window yelling and such....

Hamtone

Reaction score
PC, more commonly known as The Redneck Riviera has gone to shit.... A couple decades back they wanted to attract spring breakers from Lauderdale, Daytona, etc. there.... They got MTV to do a big televised party during spring break...... Didn't take long before biz wanted the spring breakers outa there..... Some close down during spring break just so they won't have to deal with the cra cra....

Was more family oriented...quaint motels, cafes, etc.. Now you can hardly see the water for all the big condos.... You can hardly drive anywhere the traffic is so bad at times... Buds of mine that moved there way back got the hell out and came back up here a few years ago.... One said 'I can't even go to the damn store and back within a hour or two....and I ain't far at all... They played down there and bitched because it was hell GETTING to the gig.... 98 beach side is a joke trying to drive anywhere....

Folks don't realize how one tall ass condo can dick traffic in the area... then add a condo on either side with a bunch of floors.... Population density just went through the roof..... Now line the entire stretch of rod with hi-rise condos....

To borrow one of my dad's old sayings and apply it to The Redneck Riviera, "I ain't lost a damn thing down there I need to go look for..."

I'm down in Sara out on a Key at the moment. Traffic is not as bad or crazy here as in The Redneck Riviera... There's traffic but not jacked or squatted four wheel drive dipshit trucks, idiots from hell on rental scooters, or sports cars with teens and some older (physically) hanging out the window yelling and such....
Pcb<<<<BEACH

There's no Spring break anymore, not like when I moved here. Pepsi jam, jeep fest, thunder Beach etc etc are the money makers now.

I live in PC, which is NOT the beach. I have a new house, in a brand new hood, with 10 mins to buy a newspaper, coffee, and a muffler, which is perfect for me.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lot of areas in FL are not unlike areas of AL and GA.... Hometown to the max... Treated almost like family by folks you don't know... Waitresses in local cafes that are like your aunt or something, and you are accepted by everybody in there after "Alice" stamps her approval on you... You're in... Like small towns everywhere... We have areas that are almost ALL really small towns down here....

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pcb<<<<BEACH

There's no Spring break anymore, not like when I moved here. Pepsi jam, jeep fest, thunder Beach etc etc are the money makers now.

I live in PC, which is NOT the beach. I have a new house, in a brand new hood, with 10 mins to buy a newspaper, coffee, and a muffler, which is perfect for me.

PC is pretty cool... The cra cra is west of you.... Folks going to PCB probably don't know there is an actual city east of the zoo.... Some have probably never crossed the H bridge...

Hamtone

Reaction score
PC is pretty cool... The cra cra is west of you.... Folks going to PCB probably don't know there is an actual city east of the zoo.... Some have probably never crossed the H bridge...
I am north E of the mall by 5 miles.

I dont give a shit about the beach, but I do like going out to 30A... mostly for the house toity chicks and good food.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am north E of the mall by 5 miles.

I dont give a shit about the beach, but I do like going out to 30A... mostly for the house toity chicks and good food.

I like it out there too....although it is growing... I rem west of PCB when front beach ran into back beach, out there was a lot of nothing.... Cross a little old ass bridge and that old cabin on the slough right next to road just across bridge was about 'IT'...... Now a bigger bridge and all kinds of stuff out that way..... Played the Hub out 30A a couple of times a good while back.... I enjoyed that... Laid back older crowd.... Whomever decided the stage should face west could use a beating though...briskly and repeatedly about the head and shoulders... Earlier hours because of noise ord with I think a 10pm cutoff, so first set you are staring into the sun..... Takes a while for sun to get low enough for the 'sails' to block anything in respect to stage...

Hamtone

Reaction score
There's a lot of "unforeseen " building practices in the area... like that stage, building up back beach, requiring a back back beach prkwy haha

• Haha

LP121

Reaction score
Pennsylvania has more boofers per capita than anywhere else in the country.

Guy in his early 30s is drinking at one of the local dive bars. He and his entire family are "Well known to local law enforcement" as boofers. He's had quite a bit to drink and starts getting mouthy with another patron. Bartender decides he's had enough and throws him out.

Half hour later the front door opens and a dead groundhog flies through it and lands on the bar.

Wonder who that could've been? Yeah, he was arrested about an hour later.

matthew bear

Reaction score
Dollar general and Waffle Houses are the hot spots :laugh2:
I am loving it there, TBH :D

Latest Threads