Good Gig, Bad Gig!

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Had another gig this past Saturday. We had a great time...rolling along thinking everything was peachy until the owner ran up to the stage near the last song of the night....losing his mind....and he cut us off mid song. MID FUCKING SONG! Screaming about how we were too loud. Oh well...first time in my life I ever got "the hook" lol

Anyway.....some media from that night.....

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Freddy, dang you can play GREAT Chunka Chunka-what a JERKO yanking the plug. No worries, I was "shut down" 11 times in a row before I was "banned". I usually got two songs in then....ZERO- I would laugh and very slowly pack up---INFIDELS!

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Great cover....:applause:

What was the audience reaction to the 'cutting off'?
They were pissed. Boos. Trust me it was not too loud.

sounds like he wanted to cheap out on your pay,as long as he waited.
yes, something was strange....at the end he was trying to gaslight us about what a terrible night it was, that he didn't make any money. Total BS....club was packed all night, we saw people eating drinking....getting drunk.
Freddy, dang you can play GREAT Chunka Chunka-what a JERKO yanking the plug. No worries, I was "shut down" 11 times in a row before I was "banned". I usually got two songs in then....ZERO- I would laugh and very slowly pack up---INFIDELS!
Thanks Fezz! We did laugh afterwards. Will NEVER play there again.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait. What? I can't see that.... Nawt.
If I saw correctly, bassist has a small combo, so that ain't it.
Didn't notice your rig but is probably a combo, so that ain't it.
Drummer is playing Alesis, so that ain't it.

That leaves the Mains. That dump from the mixer is cleaner'n hell and a bit wet that softens the wave front too. Clean does not seem as loud as not clean does....

You stated packed out, kitchen slinging food, bartender busy, sooooo..... I call bullshit....

I think he had his panties in a wad about something else and y'all were a handy target.... Ain't the first time I've seen that shit happen....

I would not darken his door again for how he handled his ass-chappery..... Probably a few popcorn munchers won't either... They'll talk about that shit....

We were playing one night, first set which is always a bit more laid back as we attract the older top shelf drinkers. No nuclear stuff.... I noticed the owner and a guy talking biz in the middle of a hard ass back corner of the room with nada to break up anything.... 'A big ass trap' would go well right there...even a big potted plant.... ;). He came up to me in the middle of I think a Steely Dan and said turn it down and turned around and walked back... I just went up to the bar to get my cup of fresh coffee the bartender kept me supplied with, asked her if it was too loud, 'No, I hear orders fine...Not loud at all.' I swung by the table on the way back to the board and asked if that was better.... "Perfect!" Ok den... I hadn't touched shit.... It happens... Sitting in the absolute worst place in the bar and bitched because he couldn't talk at a low volume... He didn't raise hell so not an issue with me... but it could have gone south had he the attitude of your club owner...

wildhawk1

Reaction score
Had another gig this past Saturday. We had a great time...rolling along thinking everything was peachy until the owner ran up to the stage near the last song of the night....losing his mind....and he cut us off mid song. MID FUCKING SONG! Screaming about how we were too loud. Oh well...first time in my life I ever got "the hook" lol

I could see ladies out there shaking their stuff.
That's not a fail in any bar.

With you and your bands level of talent there's other watering holes that would welcome you.
:slash:

Thanks for posting the vid.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I could see ladies out there shaking their stuff.
That's not a fail in any bar.
Yeah...THAT didn't last long. Owner shut that down too....same thing...middle of a song he rushed out to the dance floor and broke up the people dancing. I could see him point to their table...I presume he was telling them to go sit down....cause ya know, you're safe from the virus if you're sitting :run:

redking

Reaction score
Yeah...THAT didn't last long. Owner shut that down too....same thing...middle of a song he rushed out to the dance floor and broke up the people dancing. I could see him point to their table...I presume he was telling them to go sit down....cause ya know, you're safe from the virus if you're sitting :run:
Why bother being open at all, nevermind hiring a band - lol (the band with the electronic drum kit was too loud - preposterous notion in itself ha!! - imagine if he had a real kick and snare pounding him all night?)

redking

Reaction score

Man, your singer seems to sound better and better every time I hear him!

redking

Reaction score
Minutes after I watch this video on my computer which is running through our network at work (not logged in to Youtube), my phone, which is not connected to the network, but is logged in to youtube pings and suggests this video to me! You can't tell me that was a koinki-dink! :rofl:

six-string

Reaction score
Minutes after I watch this video on my computer which is running through our network at work (not logged in to Youtube), my phone, which is not connected to the network, but is logged in to youtube pings and suggests this video to me! You can't tell me that was a koinki-dink! :rofl:
Your Phone Knows Everything!

redking

Reaction score
Probably literally quite true. I wonder how often a criminal gets convicted just because of evidence the law finds on his phone. It's like a complete diary of who you are, what you do, where you go, what you say....
I have aspirations to go "full Freddy" one day and not even have a cell phone at all!!

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
yes, something was strange....at the end he was trying to gaslight us about what a terrible night it was, that he didn't make any money. Total BS....club was packed all night, we saw people eating drinking....getting drunk.

Thanks Fezz! We did laugh afterwards. Will NEVER play there again.
People like that need a good ass kicking. Literally.

Latest Threads