Good buy? - $850 - 2013 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II Alpine White

cpaul

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have an opportunity to buy my first Gibson Les Paul and found one on my local craigslist. It is a 2013 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II Alpine White with case. It was originally listed for 1300 and I have him talked down to 850 USD. It is not really the color was after but it sounds like too good of a deal to pass up. I see that most Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II sell around the 1000-1500 dollar mark.

Am I missing something or does 850 sound like an awesome deal?

Thanks for your replies.

Chris B.

Reaction score
Awesome deal. But if you can, make sure you get a chance to inspect it. Almost too good of a deal...............

Macronaut

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Inspect it, play it and then you should know what kind of deal it is.

Donal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Member
Reaction score
What are you waiting for, go get it :naughty:

For 850$ I would, even though I "swore" I would not buy any more :laugh2:

jstarr823

Reaction score
Sounds like a fake. Please provide us with a link to the ad so we can verify. I promise that we won't sneak in and steal in from you.

bum

Reaction score
Sounds like a fake. Please provide us with a link to the ad so we can verify. I promise that we won't sneak in and steal in from you.
As an extra layer of security I strongly suggest you take this advice but also send it me in a private message to be absolutely certain.

You can't mess around with security.

kakerlak

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the quick replies guys. I have attached some images of the guitar posting. I am going to go take a look in person later today. Thanks!
Looks legit to me -- not the best photos, but nothing looks off, to the extent you can make it out, lol.

R8 Pilot

Reaction score
I own the same one myself and its a steal of a deal...grab it now.

From the photos it looks real

jimmer_5

Reaction score
That looks absolutely legit, and I'll echo what others have said - it's a steal! I have always wanted one in that finish, so consider me jealous too! :)

Keep in mind - if he's ok with selling it for that price, he's probably willing to offer it to anyone else who contacts him. Craigslist favors the swift, so go snap it up as early as possible today.

I've learned not to hesitate the hard way - multiple times.

Chris B.

Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKhi9ITkRgA[/ame]

Dineley

Reaction score
Looks awesome sweet deal just needs some plastics andvpickup covers to make it a true gem

MichaelAndrew3435

Premium Member
Reaction score
Reverb values that specific year and model from $1300-$1600. That's the lowest I've ever seen.

Mockbel

Reaction score
It is a steal not a deal !! I haven't seen a trad pro sold for less than $1200 !

I just wonder why seller would let it go for $850 :hmm:

Chris B.

Reaction score
The low price is a bit suspicious. How would you check if it was stolen?

cherrysunburst00

I don't even care about the pat cictures anymore
Premium Member
Reaction score
What are you waiting for, go get it :naughty:

For 850$ I would, even though I "swore" I would not buy any more :laugh2:
We won't give you TOO much grief if you get another :naughty:

The low price is a bit suspicious. How would you check if it was stolen?
The guys here are absolute experts at spotting fakes. I've learned so much. Some of the things to look for are the shape of the headstock and "horn" cutaway, the bridge (will have adjustment screws instead of the posts), the Gibson logo, the truss rod (with trc removed), the rear control panel wiring, and there's something about the position of the stop bar being closer to the bridge than the "rhythm" pickup's volume knob.

Here's a great video:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irx8sNuNJLU[/ame]

cpaul

Reaction score
So I went to take a look in person and took some pictures. Since it such a good price I want to make sure it is not a fake or something. I did notice some lighter white circles on the finish. You can barely see it in 5th pic, near binding or right half... Please take a look and let me know what you guys think.

Attachments