Good bridge pick-up for Les Paul Studio

Tonequest

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions for a bridge pickup in a Les Paul Studio. I am thinking of trying Seth Lover, but maybe swap the magnet for an Alnico IV. I've got the Seth Lover in the neck with Alnico II, which I love, but I still haven't found a bridge pickup that I'm 100% happy with.

Any idea's would be appreciated. I want good classic rock tones, and pickups that give good harmonic response.

jonesy77777

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions for a bridge pickup in a Les Paul Studio. I am thinking of trying Seth Lover, but maybe swap the magnet for an Alnico IV. I've got the Seth Lover in the neck with Alnico II, which I love, but I still haven't found a bridge pickup that I'm 100% happy with.

Any idea's would be appreciated. I want good classic rock tones, and pickups that give good harmonic response.

I just redid the wiring/pots/caps and pickups on my buddies studio. Sounds MUCH better. We went with Pearly's and they sounded much better. I didn't get to put my Dr. V's in there, but Wolfetones are my favourite pickups and pretty cheap. He'll give a MLP discount too. They are all great though, when it comes to boutiques, they are all great just different, so I would let your budget decide at that point.

I'm in a tonefreak mood today, lots of pickups posts:dude:

EEF13

Reaction score
Try a Duncan Fullshred. It has an alnico 5 magnet and it is not to hot and not to low. Also look at the Dimazrio Fred.

Latest Threads