Gold Witch Hats

Musha Ring

Reaction score
I've scoured the internet for hours and can't find (a decently priced) set of gold insert witch hats to save my friggin life.

Can anybody help me with this? Any ideas?

The only two sets I can find that aren't $200+ hand reliced or vintage, are Hosco brand and Kaish, both metric.

I need imperial/CTS 24 spline.

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve tried to find them for years…
anything gold I’ve looked for ha

I finally gave up and use gold speed or gold foil…anyhow, these may work..though relic’d

Musha Ring

Reaction score
I’ve tried to find them for years…
anything gold I’ve looked for ha

I finally gave up and use gold speed or gold foil…anyhow, these may work..though relic’d

I came across those. I was hoping to not spend that much. And it's a brand new guitar, so the relic job would look out of place. Thank you for the link though.

Might have to go with silver insert hats. Would look out of place though with gold hardware.

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
I think I had gold knobs but the top metal bit was silver. It looked sort of gold after spraying with amber nitro that I had.

It's crazy some of the prices people are charging for knobs...

Roxy13

Reaction score
I found some on Reverb, but this was like 2.5 years ago. But, they did fit the US spec pots. I can't quite remember the name that was on the package but I remember the cardboard piece at the top was red and I think it had silver letters. Not sure how helpful that is, but I sometimes remember weird things :rofl:

Musha Ring

Reaction score
I found some on Reverb, but this was like 2.5 years ago. But, they did fit the US spec pots. I can't quite remember the name that was on the package but I remember the cardboard piece at the top was red and I think it had silver letters. Not sure how helpful that is, but I sometimes remember weird things :rofl:

Yep, those were Allparts. They no longer make/sell them, unfortunately.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Here are sets of two:

I just bought a long, gold Switchcraft jack from them yesterday. Those things are hard to source! I need one for a 335 and had bought the Pure Tone jack as it's long enough, but that thing is soooo tight I'm afraid to use it on a laminated body.

Musha Ring

Reaction score
Here are sets of two:

I just bought a long, gold Switchcraft jack from them yesterday. Those things are hard to source! I need one for a 335 and had bought the Pure Tone jack as it's long enough, but that thing is soooo tight I'm afraid to use it on a laminated body.

Stewmac has gold toggles. I know cause I'm in need of a gold shorty. They have short and tall.

About those knobs, I looked into those already, I'd forgot. Found this source that says they're metric?

Musha Ring

Reaction score
Gibson's 68' Custom comes with the exact knobs I want. If only they'd sell them aftermarket...

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I came across those. I was hoping to not spend that much. And it's a brand new guitar, so the relic job would look out of place. Thank you for the link though.

Might have to go with silver insert hats. Would look out of place though with gold hardware.

i would send the eBay seller a “message” under “contact seller”…
could be he is personally doing the relic job…
And can, therefore, source new ones
worth a try i reckon

-chris

Roxy13

Reaction score
Stewmac has gold toggles. I know cause I'm in need of a gold shorty. They have short and tall.

About those knobs, I looked into those already, I'd forgot. Found this source that says they're metric?

Email or call him. He is here in Ohio. I've bought all kinds of odd things from him over the years.

Yes, the gold switch came from StewMac as they were having a sale on electronics a couple of weeks ago and then had the best price on a long gold Switchcraft toggle. I have their membership and get free shipping. I got the Pure Tone jack from them too but I'm going to save that for one of my SG custom builds I'm working on. Last thing I need to do is to smash in the top of my 335 putting in the jack lol.

Roxy13

Reaction score
This is the guitar I put them on:

Grecoviolin.jpg

Roxy13

Reaction score
Yes, but those will work. I think knobs are usually 24 spline but the pots themselves are like 20 because of the split, so that's what they mean.

JohnnyN

Just another old geezer
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
20 splines on the shaft is 24 in knob

Edit: Roxy beat me to it :)

Musha Ring

Reaction score
20 splines on the shaft is 24 in knob

Edit: Roxy beat me to it :)

Great.

Then I suppose I'll be waiting for those knobs from crazyparts because they're exactly what I want. Hopefully not too much to ship them to Canada.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Another thought since metric ones seem to be so easily available...if you were planning to also change your wiring harness, Bourns pots. They use the 3/8" US spec bushing but they use a course spline shaft that takes the metric knobs.

Latest Threads