gold top or honey burst...

9999mnms9999

Reaction score
Hello, thank you for reading this thread. I'm going to buy a Gibson Les Paul traditional in may, I still don't know which color to get... the gold top or the Honey burst please help me out.

rlammjr

Reaction score
You will spend 1% of your time admiring the guitar.
99% trying to make it sound like you want.
Go with the sound! :thumb:

KenG

Reaction score
If money's an issue the Gold Top is cheaper. Other than that it's purely a personal choice. Hopefully you'll be shopping somewhere where there's several of each so you can pick out the best one.

Webtroll

Reaction score
Honey bursts are ugly. Go for the gold.
LIES! I think they look pretty good. I'm not a fan of GTs but I understand not everyone has to like what I like. The best part of a GT is how they age; when the finish cracks and discolors they look cool as hell. New? Ick. Honey bursts look good new and worn.

Leroy

Reaction score
As the owner of a Honeyburst 60's tribute Rivers i'll have to disagree with you there champ.
If the Guitars played identical then i would choose the style you don't already have. i.e. if you already own a wood finish, go for the goldie, or vise versa. If this is your first and only guitar then i don't know. One thing i do know is once you buy a Les Paul it's very hard to stop at one. Chances are down the track you'll buy another one with which ever finish you didn't choose this time.

Leroy

Backstage

Reaction score
I can understand that you trying to get a guitar that looks good to you but if you stick to a special color finish try to play as many guitars as you can get your hands on to find the one with your best tone.

Ehsan79

Reaction score
both nice but when you start to rock and roll ,you dont care anymore about gold or honey or flame.You just care about your tone&tune.

Slashperryburst

Reaction score
Both nice finishes. Play lots. Go with the one that plays and sounds best.

CHUNKYNECK

Reaction score
Honeybursts have the most slash tonez but i'd buy the honeyburst anyway because they look better.:naughty::thumb:

Ratstar

Reaction score
+1 to choosing the guitar that sounds and feels best to you.
If you're looking for opinions I'd take the Honeyburst over the Goldtop every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

My. 02

Whichever way you go, post some pics when you get it. :thumb:

howardbullseye

Reaction score
Honey burst. Without pick guard.
[/IMG]
With pick guard. Can't go wrong!
[/IMG]

Latest Threads