Gold Standard Templates Vectorized

snakepit86

Reaction score
Hi all!

Im Gonzalo from Argentina

Long time member and good watcher but i post almost nothing so i want to give back some of the info, experience and magic you all luthiers gave me

Based on the @ExNihilo @nuance97 and @pinefd Gold standard V2 templates and thanks to my new friend @Rubetel who made the inicial vectorized contour of the body i decided to do the most complete vectorized body template i could

I used Corel X8 to draw it and then exported to PDF, this is the first try, i only did the body plans, not included the carved sections because i think i will make the them the old school way

There is 2 PDFs, one with the vectorized lines only and the other with the original scan

Keep in mind that 99% of the measurements are good when i measured them in Corel, only a small part where off. I did The placement of the tailpiece following the original measurements, and the most off-center its the bridge location that have no indications.
In the PDF version you will see these 2 part off centered (less than 1mm!!) but in the Corel version are good, i dont know why is that

If it turns out good i will be doing the neck profiles too
Hope to get some feedback to make this a public file so anyone can send them to a laser and do a perfect as posible templates!

Gold Standard V2 Vectorized Body

Cheers
G

Attachments

Last edited:

Rubetel

Reaction score
Thanks Gonzalo, the good thing about Corel Draw is that it is very easy to work with, you can load the pdf drawing, vectorize on it, export your work in dxf format or many other formats.

snakepit86

Reaction score
De nada!

Thats right, working with Corel set its to export to any kind of files. I use Corel or Illustrator to send the files to laser cut

Everybody who wants the templates in another format just hit me

Latest Threads