Gold Klon Centaur - New In Box!!!

asapmaz

Reaction score
For sale is a Gold Klon Centaur in brand new condition. It is one of the ones built in 2015 by Bill Finnegan for his friend, who's a single-mom and who goes by the Ebay username “boxing_rabbit”.As such, it is in absolute brand new condition with everything including the box, the paperwork, and the adapter plug that came from Bill Finnegan.Serial No. RG013.
You will not find one in this NOS condition with all of the documents and box for this price. For these types of pedals, it's good to have all of the collector case candy since the prices are skyrocketing.
$1799 paypal'd and shipped (cont. US).

Please pm me with any questions.
Oh, btw, I’ve tested it and it does sound amazing!
Thanks.

Al

The original e-bay ad is included below:

“I'm Bill Finnegan, the designer of the Klon overdrive circuit, the designer of the Klon Centaur Professional Overdrive unit built around that circuit, and also the hand-builder of every single Centaur unit from the beginning of Centaur production in late 1994 through the end of that production in spring 2010. More recently, with a lot of additional work, I have also designed the Centaur's successor, the built-by-other-people Klon KTR unit. Here is what I believe you would like to know about the Centaur unit for sale here, and also about other such Centaur units - units that this eBay seller has been receiving from me as gifts for a few years now, and will continue to receive from me, at whatever intervals her financial circumstances require:

I stopped taking orders for production Centaurs on 12/22/09, and after several more months of working through my backlog of orders, I have never since produced for sale another Centaur unit, including the one being auctioned here - as noted above, I have built this unit and then given it to the seller, a very close friend of mine who is a single mom and who, because her full-time job has never paid quite enough, has had an uphill battle financially since the birth of her child. Whenever she tells me she needs one, I will build a Centaur and give it to her to sell on eBay, and hopefully these units will continue to help her get by.

Here are three things I would like to emphasize:

These units have been - and will continue to be - newly-built-and-tested-by-me Centaurs, and aside from their serial numbers, they have been and will continue to be identical to their production predecessors in every way, and include the full three-year warranty (to the original owner) that came with every new Centaur unit that I built and tested and shipped during the 15-plus years of Centaur production from late 1994 through the spring of 2010; for warranty registration, simply contact me via eBay shortly after receiving the unit you have won at auction.

The only seller from whom you can obtain a brand-new Centaur unit - a unit with no potential issues and with the warranty - is my friend, whose Ebay seller ID is "boxing_rabbit".

Because I don't make so much as a penny on any of these units, please be advised that I CANNOT JUSTIFY RESPONDING TO ANY E-MAIL INQUIRIES REGARDING THEM BEYOND SIMPLY CONFIRMING THAT THESE UNITS ARE WHAT I HAVE DESCRIBED THEM TO BE, AND THAT THEY ARE INDEED BEING SOLD BY MY FRIEND WITH MY BLESSING.

Now, with regard to this particular unit, it is serial number RG 013 (for Reissue Gold 013), and I have built it with a casting that has the last gold finish I used on production Centaur units, circa 2002 - it was a finish I really liked, but unfortunately the manufacturer discontinued it a short while after I began using it.

Good luck bidding, but please remember to refrain from e-mailing me with any and all questions except: Is this a new unit, with a full warranty if I get in touch with Klon shortly after winning the auction? Is the eBay seller "boxing_rabbit" legit, and the only source for obtaining a new-with-warranty Centaur unit? Thanks, and again good luck.

boxing_rabbit can and will ship all over the world.”

Few pics I snapped. The adapter plug and one of the instruction sheets is in that envelope.

IMG_2256_zpsp1ggscmr.jpg

IMG_2257_zpsgjuxwo4i.jpg

IMG_2265_zpskwvd8j1z.jpg

IMG_2264_zpss59zr2hx.jpg

IMG_2258_zpsjommotv5.jpg

IMG_2262_zpsbpm37cxs.jpg

IMG_2255_zpsynrcs6qv.jpg

asapmaz

Reaction score
Payment never happened. :(
Had sold on Reverb. Buyer disappeared after asking for a payment period extension.
Back up for sale.

mcgeorge

Reaction score
That is nuts. Dude's mom probably walked in on him....

So this is the last of the gold castings? Wish I could... Good luck with sale!

monkeyboy

Reaction score
I just have to say that Bill Finnegan seems like an absolute stand up dude to do that for a friend. That only makes the pedal more special than the already cult following it has received.

asapmaz

Reaction score
Sold to a different buyer!
Payment received!

Latest Threads