Going to have to replace my old friend.

G.L. Mitchell

Reaction score
This might be the wrong place to post this, so if it is sorry. I thought you tech guys would know and understand this question. I have a mint PV Rhythm Master 400 all original, with the 15in Black Widow. It has been an awesome amp. I have used it for Lap Steel, Guitar, Bass sometimes and acoustic. It has 4 channels. PV calls it a amplification system, it is written on the front of the amp. Very useful amp. Anyway after all that, my question. We had a surge in our power here at are home, it fried my amp I guess. This is not the first time I lost a Fender HR Deluxe a while back, but got it fix. My PV cannot be fixed well it can but more money then I can afford and its 35plus years old. I can get it replace with my house Insurance, do you know of a amp out there with the same quality of this amp. And will it sound decent on guitar, the cost of one if they make one. And what would my old PV be worth. I played everything from Chet Adkins to BB King on that amp super clean. Thanks and if I posted in the wrong place forgive me let me know where.

sonar

Reaction score
35+ years is a long time for any SS amp.

I'd strongly consider tracking down another Peavey Rhythm Master 400 on eBay or Craigslist. You know what you had with the model and should be comfortable with what a replacement amp can do moving forward. It reads like you treat this Peavey as a pure utility that has to serve multiple roles. My guess is not many amps can fill your specific needs.

Good or bad, Peavey amps tend to have a lower value compared to Fender. The 70's Peavey's amps are starting to get scarce, but they're out there.

entresz

Reaction score
I agree with Sonar.

If you can't find another Peavey Rhythm Master - I would reccomend the Session 400; similar style amp. 200 watts, 15" black widow, super loud and warm cleans. They are not all that hard to find in the USA. I have a '76 Session 400 which was extremely hard to get as there are very few in Australia.

The old Peavey amps are quite underrated and for big loud cleans nothing else comes close.

chef

Reaction score
Check out the Quilter amps. I bet you would like the Steelaire amp.

Modern solid state non modeling amps.

Latest Threads