Going (almost) full Norlin / thank you Hardcore Troubadour

Reaction score
I just got a 1980 custom with it and felt the exact same way. Worked well, just couldn't get used to it...
I'm dutch too so for a second i though i might have bought your guitar!

Reaction score
Congrats on the new guitar. Did you find it in NL?
Yeah, its a bit of an odd one tough. Back and sides have been stripped at some point (long ago, already showing a lot of wear), and the neck has some overspray along the edges. It sounds killer, and i actually like the look of the chery/brown back and sides with the black top. Odd choice not to strip the neck though

1981 LPC

Reaction score
Yeah, its a bit of an odd one tough. Back and sides have been stripped at some point (long ago, already showing a lot of wear), and the neck has some overspray along the edges. It sounds killer, and i actually like the look of the chery/brown back and sides with the black top. Odd choice not to strip the neck though
I do like the look of that black nitro against the red mahogany. It looks better than my stripped maple neck (but it was too sticky so it had to be done).

I thought 83 was when gibson went back to mahogany necks. But maybe I remember it incorrectly and 82 was the cut off year.

x2TxaO4.jpg

HardCore Troubadour

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hog back in 82 but maple was still coming out also.

I am like you, there’s something about that “look”.

Look at that dropped down, pointy horn!!

Those were the years!

Dilver

Reaction score
The fine tuners are a great idea. I’m surprised the TP6 didn’t really catch on. The concept has been used on violins for decades.

Latest Threads