God damn cancer

Leumas

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sadly, my son's bud is at the end of round 4 of cancer. His mom called to make sure that he got to see my son one more time before he dies. He's 22.

So very sorry for that. We lost one of our crew when I was 18 and he was 19. Leukemia. It was that much harder when we were young and invincible.

Also, I should mention that my friend died in June last year, seeing what she went through it’s actually kind of shocking that she lasted as long as she did.

Last edited:

Tone deaf

Reaction score
So very sorry for that. We lost one of our crew when I was 18 and he was 19. Leukemia. It was that much harder when we were young and invincible.

Also, I should mention that my friend died in June last year, seeing what she went through it’s actually kind of shocking that she lasted as long as she did.
It is soul crushing when the victim is so young. His first cancer was non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. The last three have been the same (I believe) Leukemia. He first got sick senior year in high school as a successful athlete. All the rest of "Us" have watched our kids graduate high school and college while he has spent most of the last five plus years in and out of hospitals.

Last edited:

Pop1655

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Add my voice to the choir. Very sorry. Sister in law started another round of chemo yesterday.
Having this pop back up sorta shook me. Back then we expected Sallie's sister to pull through. Lost her in September after an unbelievably cruel last few months. Sallie is still far from over it and I doubt ever will be.

ArchEtech

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
F Cancer

Don’t take the little things for granted, or the people around you. Life is short. Sorry for the victims of this disease. It’s probably my biggest fear.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
This is sad. We have a friend in her 60s who was diagnosed with a rare form of brain cancer, but found an experimental treatment at a hospital in LA. she flew out there from Colorado more times than I can count. Now, to our delight, she is doing rather well. I am not usually a fan of experimental treatments, but this may change my mind. Someone should ask on behalf of this woman if there are any experimental treatments ongoing for the type of cancer so=he has., and see how to apply for it.

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
TD and Pop: my sincere condolences to each of you. Very sad to hear of such things. Stay strong, boys...

Doles: very happy to hear that your friend is responding well to treatment-- my best wishes to her!

--R

fry

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since this thread started, a family we know right around the corner lost their son to leukemia at the age 26. This kid was talented and popular, he was going places. He was diagnosed with leukemia, and it took him very quickly. I had heard that he was starting treatments, and had my fingers crossed. In no time at all, my wife called me one day and said “Vince died“.

“HUH??? WHAT??”

It never occurred to me that he might not make it, certainly not that it would happen so quickly. We went to the funeral home for the service, and it is was gut-wrenching. There are no words you can say to the parents other than “I’m so sorry“. Last week, his aunt gave birth to a baby boy, and gave him the middle name “Vince”.

Latest Threads