GM likely to recall the Chevy Bolt, and face some class action, action.

irocdave12

Reaction score
This issue is mostly on LG Korea for making bad batteries. The batteries causing the fires is their baby not GM. GM will take some pain on this no doubt too. But as we transition into full electric vehicles this is not even close to being an isolated incident. Frankly no electric vehicle should be parked in a garage connected to your home unless you want to greatly increase the chance of setting your house on fire. It’s not a perfect technology and there will always be defects which lead to fires unfortunately. Every manufacturer that come to market with a electric car will have their fire car. Tesla had it now GM and you can be sure the Ford and many others will have their growing pains in the future too especially when you sub out things like the batteries. You simply can not ever guarantee that something as explosive as a lithium battery will forever be safe and stable enough to bring into your home and possibly park in the garage under your bedroom. But we are far from being ready to adapt to daily life with electric vehicles as these situations just prove it. A tip of my hat to the pioneers paying a lot of money to car companit’s to do the testing for us which one day will result in a much safer battery but we aren’t there yet. Do they work yes…safe?….. hell no not even close

Last edited:

Olds442

Reaction score
This issue is mostly on LG Korea for making bad batteries. The batteries causing the fires is their baby not GM. GM will take some pain on this no doubt too. But as we transition into full electric vehicles this is not even close to being an isolated incident. Frankly no electric vehicle should be parked in a garage connected to your home unless you want to greatly increase the chance of setting your house on fire. It’s not a perfect technology and there will always be defects which lead to fires unfortunately. Every manufacturer that come to market with a electric car will have their fire car. Tesla had it now GM and you can be sure the Ford and many others will have their growing pains in the future too especially when you sub out things like the batteries. You simply can not ever guarantee that something as explosive as a lithium battery will forever be safe and stable enough to bring into your home and possible park in the garage under your bedroom. But we are far from being ready to adapt to daily life with electric vehicles as these situations just prove it. A tip of my hat to the pioneers paying a lot of money to car com to do the testing for us which one day will result in a much safer battery but we aren’t there yet. They work yes…safe?….. hell no not even close
buzz kilo.

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
Battery development has been hasty and negligent… more power to the litigants I say!

cheers.

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I hope the litigants are grounded in their expectations.. I don't want them to charge their current lawyers if they don't get up and atom.

Latest Threads