GM likely to recall the Chevy Bolt, and face some class action, action.

Olds442

Reaction score

Migliaccio & Rathod LLP Files Class Action Lawsuit Against General Motors for Chevy Bolt Battery Defect and is Among those Selected to Lead Case | USA
Published by:
Jason Rathod - Migliaccio & Rathod LLP
on 03 Jun 2021
In December 2020, Migliaccio & Rathod LLP – a law firm based in Washington DC – filed suit on behalf of a putative class of owners and lessees of Chevrolet Bolt vehicles in federal court against General Motors. The suit concerned manufacture and sale of defective high voltage batteries in their 2017-2019 Chevrolet Bolt vehicles. The defect in question poses a severe fire risk to any Bolt vehicle at or near full charge, even when the vehicle is parked, turned off, and not receiving an external charge. General Motors eventually acknowledged the defect and issued a recall, stating that potentially 50,932 vehicles were impacted. However, as a result of this recall, General Motors decided to implement a software update that substantially reduces the Bolt’s battery capacity and limits the vehicle’s driving range. Bolt owners are left with a diminished vehicle that, with prior knowledge of the defect, they either would not have purchased or only purchased at a much lower price.

Cases across the country involving the issue were eventually filed and then consolidated before the Hon. Terrence G. Berg in the Eastern District of Michigan. On June 2, 2021, the court ordered Migliaccio & Rathod LLP to be among the firms to serve on the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee which will be involved in prosecuting all aspects of the case through final disposition.

electric head

Just passing thru
Reaction score
But but but I work for Chevrolet dealer.....I just heard about the problem the other day..
A whole shit load of employee's drive those bolts..
They are parked at the 6 charging stations we have everyday..

I was trying to talk my daughter into buying one..

well you can always buy a Cadillac electric vehicle

download.jpg

Latest Threads