Global warming for dummies

Skeletor

Reaction score
Anything that pollutes more than a sparrows fart is getting slammed with green taxes over here!. France is slapping a €20000/$22171 pollution tax on all SUV's & Trucks before they even leave the dealership
Do they have any plans for what they will do with the taxes that they collect?
Over here (Canada) there doesn't seem to be any plans beyond the obvious wealth re-distribution. ( tax is "revenue neutral" with the majority going back to the people as rebates... ya...ok )

Side Burns

Reaction score
Worrying about global warming ?

Forget it......

Pollution, atmospheric layers, comtrails, gulf streams......forget all of it.....waste of time.

All of these things are just excuses for the real problem.....

**OVER POPULATION**

Focus on massive human population reduction........somewhere in the neighborhood of 50% would be a decent start.....yeah start.

THIN.....THE....FVKING....HERD...... and a majority of our perceived problems will cure themselves.

spoony

Reaction score
I am so not a genius. I'm a dork that plays guitar and watches Godzilla movies.

Einstein would pat my head and say, "Bless his Heart" ... in German

I did take a shit once that was so nasty I felt bad for the environment. ... if that counts.
Dirac would avoid eye contact and not utter a single word upon meeting me.

Greta

and her sisters

s

Last edited:

lancpudn

Reaction score
Over here (Canada) there doesn't seem to be any plans beyond the obvious wealth re-distribution. ( tax is "revenue neutral" with the majority going back to the people as rebates... ya...ok )
The taxes that they collect are going towards subsides giving people who buy BEV's upwards of €6000 towards a new electric vehicle, even motorbikes.

Jaguar Land Rover are going to be losers over there so they've brought out a new drivetrain for their upcoming smaller 'cross over' land rover defender,Evoque,Range Rover models, It's a three cylinder PHEV SUV with a 1.5-litre petrol unit mated to a 48 volt electric motor. :shock:

1577357892166.png

1577357439210.png

Last edited:

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
They'll most likely go to some "general" (slush) fund and then vanish.

filtersweep

Reaction score
So, my day job is finding solutions to crazy level 3 technical problems. This means that I use a lot of clock cycles attempting to come up with radical solutions to impossible problems. So on a down day when I was pondering my navel, I had an idea. When we went into the ice age, it was due in large part to the dust thrown into the atmosphere by a giant meteor that hit the earth and filtered the sun's rays, to the point that the planet froze. So my thought is, what if we had a way to add enough filtering material to the atmosphere beyond the ozone layer to filter the sun by 2 degrees. This is a bandaid on a forest fire, but could buy us enough time to address other factors. This could be tested over a small land mass to confirm the results, but in large scale could be a solution assuming all land masses agreed. Yea I know it's nuts, but this is the crap I think about when I'm off the clock. @Malikon , I'm hanging on your response, as you're an f-ing genius.

If we're going to have a backstage topic, let's make it a good one...
Artificial photosynthesis makes more sense.

I was hanging out north of the arctic circle in the middle of winter— last year- dealing with open water issues on a river leading to Russia (ice biking). The ‘local rednecks’ all were saying the visible climate change was unprecedented.

Dun Ringill

Shall not be infringed
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wealth re-distribution to their own pockets, lol!

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
Artificial photosynthesis makes more sense.

I was hanging out north of the arctic circle in the middle of winter— last year- dealing with open water issues on a river leading to Russia (ice biking). The ‘local rednecks’ all were saying the visible climate change was unprecedented.
That's really interesting, and possibly easier to implement (and less likely to cause a global disaster). Is anyone working on that?