Give the bastards an inch

Howard2k

Premium Member
Reaction score
New Zealand passed their law. And they're finding out that enforcement is a whole nother ball of wax.
No surprise. When they legalized weed here it was initially online only, no bricks and mortar. I held off buying from the online stores because I knew what would happen. I think it was two weeks before the first data breach. And at least that‘s optional. You can choose to buy weed, This isn’t an optional buy back.

Shocking. Not surprising though.

Howard2k

Premium Member
Reaction score
I love the country, the "culture" it's becoming, almost an anti-culture, not so much
As a visitor, the US is fucking awesome. Personal experience with you guys is quite different from what has been my general perception of Americans (as a nation, based on international action and foreign policy) living in four countries. Undoubtedly told this story before, but I was on a motorcycle ride through upstate NY and one of us was super low on gas (bikes have crazy small tanks, which don’t last long on twisties), and we ended up cruising through a small town with a gas station that had closed. We gingerly approached a house and asked if we could get some help. 3 bikers, on sports bikes too, not a Harley in sight. Rather then getting shot, we ended up feeling incredibly rude not staying for a BBQ and a few drinks. The dude got in his truck and drove to the next town to get us gas.

I have family connections down there too. And it genuinely saddens me to see some of the shit you guys are going through in parts of the country. It’s going to happen in a Canada too I bet. Hopefully we all get through it unscathed.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
oohhhhh the irony. Not saying it's you, but that's the absolute #1 rebuttal for any type of gun control law to comes through. "What do you mean I have to do things to buy a gun?!?"
I don't recall having to submit an application to exercise my first amendment rights.

Or any of the other ones.
Bingo.

Ever notice that people who have no interest in gun ownership like to tell people how the process should be in owning one?

Meanwhile... abortions for everyone? 8.5 months preggo? No problem, no inconvenience, we’ll kill that kid and you can head over to your spin class.

But remember, GUNS kill people!!1!1!!

It’s a mental illness.

Howard2k

Premium Member
Reaction score
Bingo.

Ever notice that people who have no interest in gun ownership like to tell people how the process should be in owning one?

Meanwhile... abortions for everyone? 8.5 months preggo? No problem, no inconvenience, we’ll kill that kid and you can head over to your spin class.

It’s a mental illness.

Well, unless I’m materially misunderstanding, you’ll never need to have an abortion. :)

Ghostman

Reaction score
Bingo.

It’s a mental illness.
I'm impressed that Abortion took almost an entire day to rear it's ugly head in this thread.

:wave:

Ghostman

Reaction score
Reading stuff like goof memes with "I'm waiting on my bazooka" and "This is like 8th grade level education type stuff. LOL"

That sort of "good conversation"
Yes, conversations, just like everyone else here is having. Good natured conversation about a sensitive topic that can easily get out of control. quickly. But so far, it's been civilized and a little loose. No heavyy-handed insults, direct attacks, or out-right nastiness.

Guess what, not everyone agrees with you. That's no reason to call someone out and try to start an argument outside the context of the OP. If you have an issue, PM me. Otherwise, I say let the conversation go. No harm, no foul.

Reactions: Who

Ghostman

Reaction score
It’s because when one can’t intelligently and coherently express themselves, they resort to memes, etc.

Shame really...
so here's the insults. I'm stupid and unintelligent now? Come on. You guys have to better than this. And a perfect reason to exit.

Reactions: Who

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
so here's the insults. I'm stupid and unintelligent now? Come on. You guys have to better than this.
Play the fool, get called a fool...

I thought you were better than responding with memes instead of using your words.

No worries, I under and over estimate people all the time.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, conversations, just like everyone else here is having. Good natured conversation about a sensitive topic that can easily get out of control. quickly. But so far, it's been civilized and a little loose. No heavyy-handed insults, direct attacks, or out-right nastiness.

Guess what, not everyone agrees with you. That's no reason to call someone out and try to start an argument outside the context of the OP. If you have an issue, PM me. Otherwise, I say let the conversation go. No harm, no foul.
What topical opinion did I offer here in this thread?

Answer: none whatsoever. So I don't know what you're on about with the "not everyone agrees with you.." I didn't offer anything to agree or disagree on.

I noticed what I call trolling, and pointed it out.

ps, I don't argue.

Ghostman

Reaction score
What topical opinion did I offer here in this thread?

Answer: none whatsoever. So I don't know what you're on about with the "not everyone agrees with you.." I didn't offer anything to agree or disagree on.

I noticed what I call trolling, and pointed it out.

ps, I don't argue.
and I recognize an unwelcome neighborhood. Enjoy your echo chamber.