Gigboard

CosmicCowboy

Premium Member
Reaction score
A friend convinced me to give amp modeling a try, so I picked up a Headrush Gigboard. I don't play out much, so finally had a chance to really test it out last night. I've got it running in to an Orange Pedal Baby and then my 2x12 cab. It sounded very good. Right now I basically have it set up with just two rigs. One has some grit to it it, which is a boost in to an overdrive, then the AC30 model, reverb, and then simulated cab. For cleans I kept things simple, with a Princeton model with rotovibe and reverb. The guy that plays keyboards for the group I sit in with was blown away. I'll probably always keep my AC30, but I'm going to clear some other stuff out and reclaim space in my house, I think.

DarrellV

just Livin' the Dream....
Premium Member
Reaction score
A friend convinced me to give amp modeling a try, so I picked up a Headrush Gigboard. I don't play out much, so finally had a chance to really test it out last night. I've got it running in to an Orange Pedal Baby and then my 2x12 cab. It sounded very good. Right now I basically have it set up with just two rigs. One has some grit to it it, which is a boost in to an overdrive, then the AC30 model, reverb, and then simulated cab. For cleans I kept things simple, with a Princeton model with rotovibe and reverb. The guy that plays keyboards for the group I sit in with was blown away. I'll probably always keep my AC30, but I'm going to clear some other stuff out and reclaim space in my house, I think.
Best of luck with it, and I hope it continues to work out for you.

I've been running a Line6 through just the mains and monitors since the old PODXT floor model.

I'm using the Helix now, and like you, I'm very happy with the quality of the sounds.

I did it mostly for the ease of setup and less heavy gear to move around. No heavy amps.

Floor space is nice too, and I don't have to worry about amp volume, beaming, or lack of coverage, since my sound is coming out of the mains...

Enjoy!

Matt_Krush

Reaction score
Can the Gigboard be used as like a rack processor?
Just in the Effects loop of an amp?

I am not after the 4 cable set up or using any of the amp sims or distortions.