GIBSON went into the Abyss

Reaction score
It's ashame what the US F n WL are doing, what a bunch of a$$holes!! They should do it across the board with all guitar manufacturer in the US.
Don't any Gibson fan boys read the easy-to-find stories before posting nonsense on the net?

Curlymaple

Reaction score
^^ I know what you mean... But, no charges yet after what 2 years?! Just put out a Gibson factory in China or India or what ever third-cheap-world-labor- country right.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
Still it's only my opinion.

And worth as much as mine. It should be noted, I'm no fanboi of Gibson's. While I accept their use of alternative fingerboard materials -- because I have no power to change it, other than my own purchasing power, which won't affect them in the slightest -- I've mentioned elsewhere how Gibson's management has lost the trust of many of its customers, and deservedly so.

However, that still doesn't mean that the wood being used is sub-par, and it certainly doesn't mean that a two-piece fingerboard must be cheaper to produce than a one-piece, which is the point that I disagree with here.

To show that a two-piece board is cheaper to produce, you'd need to show that the savings incurred by buying sub-par lumber compensate for the added expense of more passes through the mill, meaning more labor and material loss, as well as the time and labor lost to the gluing and setting process.

Absent that, I see no reason to assert thatipso facto two-piece boards are cheaper.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
It's ashame what the US F n WL are doing, what a bunch of a$$holes!! They should do it across the board with all guitar manufacturer in the US.

But then again... Politics really sucks...:(
It's gotta be, right??

If it's political, why hasn't the Administration gone after Outback Steakhouse? After all, they donated $16,000,000 to the RNC, and not one penny to the DNC -- compared to Gibson's paltry $20,000 to the RNC.

Curlymaple

Reaction score
We can't trust any party any more , can we. I don't even know where they stand for or what not.

Anyways, I won't buy any of their laminated board, then again, it's just me.
What the hell do I know:laugh2:

Apologize to OP, hope I don't derail your thread.:fingersx:

Reaction score
^^ I know what mean... But, no charges yet after what 2 years?! Just put out a Gibson factory in China or India or what ever third-cheap-world-labor- country right.
They're negotiating a settlement, I think. Gibson will pay a fine, the wood will be confiscated and auctioned off.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
We can't trust any party any more , can we. I don't even know where they stand for or what not.

Anyways, I won't buy any of their laminated board, then again, it's just me.
What the hell do I know:laugh2:

Apologize to OP, hope I don't derail your thread.:fingersx:

Yeah, I think they're both full of shit.

I'd consider a two-piece board, if it sounded and played well. For all I know, I've already played one, and am none the wiser.

marantz1300

Reaction score
I dont know what this thread is about.I cant seem to concentrate on the words when ever I open it.

Seantk

Reaction score
I dont know what this thread is about.I cant seem to concentrate on the words when ever I open it.

Easy to get distracted in this thread :naughty:

It was originally about the price of a non Tom Murphy aged Gibson Les Paul.

The Dealer subsequently updated their website to reflect it was indeed a Tom Murphy aged guitar. However, it appears the guitar in question has since been sold

Custom53

Reaction score
Nice lips.

Also, what do they mean about the neck shape when they say "30k over 60"

I have a 350CI 30 over and a big block 60 over...

Corvette001.jpg

Latest Threads