Gibson VS. Epiphone?

joshatatlasstands

Reaction score
Page 6 of the latest issue of Guitar Aficionado Magazine is showing a sweet vintage hollow body Epi I'd love to try out. There are some Gibsons in there that look amazing too. Depends on the individual guitar I guess. Both make higher quality axes and both cut corners on the less expensive ones. IMHO neither can be pinned down as superior/inferior. I've owned several of both and my favorite has so far been a Sheri by epi. For some reason the hollow body guitars are drawing my interest more as I get older.

Kind Regards,
Josh

edhalen

Reaction score
All I can say is Americans made my Studio worn guitar and I'm proud of that because it's great. Don't get me wrong the last guitar I bought came from China and I like it but not the same as my new Gibson. No way.

Buick8

Reaction score
That variation with the tone and volume knobs does not look good at all.

Buick8

Reaction score
Had an Epiphone Les paul in 2004 in cherryburst left handed. Bought that for several reasons. 1. NO left handed Gibsons to to found for me. 2. The cherry was the only color available. 3. It was affordable for me at the time. I was really nice and i liked the off white pebbled texture of the cover plates compared to the high sheen black, easy to scratch black ones of the Gibsons. But here is the thing, I despise Pacific rim guitars. Perhaps only the High end Takamine or Gretch would I consider. But today, would only consider Gibson over Epi. All things considered, I would purchase a Collings over Both. Actually i have a Collings 290 in Vintage White on the way.

Latest Threads