Gibson VS. Epiphone?

HSaunders

Reaction score
Hey y'all! Been looking for a new guitar, and I came across a slight problem. As my budget is around £650 ($1050), I decided that I would rather like to treat myself to a Gibson! I've never really owned one, I've always stuck to an Epiphone. Seeing as I cannot afford a high-end Gibson, I wondered if it would be better just to get a high-end epi instead of a low end Gibson. So what's better for rock gigs, high-end Epiphone, or low-end Gibson? Rock on forum. :slash:

Reaction score
shell-shocked.jpg

HSaunders

Reaction score
I know it sounds stupid, but I've heard that some Gibson's can really suck?

Reaction score
No bro...its cool,If i was making a huge investment in something I would be doing the same thing.However it just so happens that this topic is one that has been beaten like a dead horsey.Just do a little search on the subject.
In my limited experience I can honestly say that there are good and bad with both.Just play a many as you can,and try to play them on a amp as similar to yours as possible.Also look at different companies...tons of quality has came out of japan.

Goodluck

Stevie 202

Reaction score
This shit is EVERYWHERE on this forum!! Like EVERYWHERE!!
No need to start a new thread, my friend...search.....go.....GO....search now and may the farce be with you!

capt_goodvibes

Reaction score
Just get a Orville By Gibson, Orville, Burny, Tokai, some sought of Japanese made LP

Malchik

Reaction score
Both Gibson and Epiphone put out good and bad products. I actually find the consistency of higher-end Epiphone to be greater than Gibson USA budget models.

Just go out and play some Epiphone Standards and some Gibson Studios and see what clicks. Buy what plays better, don't just buy the name like so many people do.

TinyTerror

Reaction score
Ive never really played an epiphone LP i liked, but my Gibson studio worn was amazing out the box :)

nauc

Reaction score
get an Epi Elitist. theyre VERY nice. Epi stopped making them, so look for a used one

example...

IMG_2796.jpg

Ledheadforlife

Reaction score
buy a used studio, they can be had for around $500, and you'll freakin love it, promise!

bobarino

Reaction score
ignore the name on the headstock.
play a few guitars within your budget and choose the one you like the most.

The_Sentry

Reaction score
Get a Gibson. They play better.

There's something to be said about something as silly as fretwire...

Nilitara

Reaction score
Hi

I recently acquired this baby, it's the Epi limited edition Bonamassa, I paid £500 for it, and think it was money well spent. The finish is flawless, it's fitted with Burstbuckers, that sound great, the setup from the factory was great too. It cost way less than my Gibson traditional, but IMO, it's just as good!!! And I genuinely mean that.

7cca0711.jpg

Nige

Archtop 13

Reaction score
As a builder & a person interested in bettering the earth, I'd rather see you find a nice used guitar than to see our planet deforested building cheap guitars.

joedonner2001

Reaction score
If I were you I'd save up some more and buy a good Gibson. If you buy cheap every time then over the years you can easily spend more than a decent guitar would have cost in the first place. I myself fell into that trap, and it's a bit silly. Double your budget and you can buy a very nice guitar indeed.

Sinster

Reaction score
Hey y'all! Been looking for a new guitar, and I came across a slight problem. As my budget is around £650 ($1050), I decided that I would rather like to treat myself to a Gibson! I've never really owned one, I've always stuck to an Epiphone. Seeing as I cannot afford a high-end Gibson, I wondered if it would be better just to get a high-end epi instead of a low end Gibson. So what's better for rock gigs, high-end Epiphone, or low-end Gibson? Rock on forum. :slash:

They are both good for rock gigs.. even a 400.00 Epiphone. If you want a Gibson and always wanted a Gibson get a Studio you can get a 50's Tribute for 849.00 (£525.53). Or look for a used one.

Latest Threads