Gibson USA Flametop Friday!

DaveSG

Reaction score
I searched and didn't see a thread on this yet, so here we go!

It's Friday, which for all us working folks means a day of celebration. Almost time to kick back and enjoy the weekend. What better way to celebrate that to share photos of our flamed beauties?

I've seen a similar thread for Gibson Custom / Historic guitars, but not for our lowly, humble and sometimes overlooked USA counterparts. I'm interested in seeing some awesome Gibson USA tops! I'll get the party started...come join! It's Flametop Friday!!!

2021 USA LP Standard 50s
GibsonLPStd50sLH1.PNG

50sLPStandardLH.PNG

FingerLakesFan

Reaction score
Oh yeah, love yours. Great idea for a thread. While the Custom Shop puts out great Flametops, so does Gibson USA! So, I'll join you with a couple of my Gibson USA Flametops! Cheers and have a great weekend! '15 Trad & Slash:

'15 Trad.jpg
Slash Best.jpg

sonar1

Reaction score
Spent time in the Finger Lakes (Upstate NY?) region as my folks are from there!

Otherwise, here’s my “peek-a-boo” Slash. The light and angle matter on this one!
D16B0991-44A9-4A8E-BD8F-D1FB80FC500B.jpeg

872487CE-B461-4106-B637-EC14B0A90764.jpeg

Here with my 2019 Standard ‘50’s.

DaveSG

Reaction score

My Wildwood '50s Standard.
Wasn't your Wildwood 50s Standard featured on their facebook page? I remember a shot of 4 of them in a row...I wonder if this was one of them. I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of their featured guitars, it is absolutely gorgeous and one of the best new Original Collection tops I've seen. There has been some discussion around the tops chosen for these guitars, with a lot of it centering around the average top on the new Originals to be a little less flamey on average than Standards or Traditionals pre-2020. With a lot of the tops being almost seemingly unmatched (1/2 flame, 1/2 plain in certain lighting) I think there is some truth to that, but kind of the odd thing that it has done is then when you get one that has a really nice top, like yours, then it really, really stands out from the rest. I'm guessing that it saves better tops for the 'AAA' runs that WW, Sweetwater, Zzounds and others do.

Mine was actually considered a 'standard AA' top...it snuck through and I'm sure glad it did!

fleahead

Reaction score
This one has a lovely, classy look that legit looks like an old guitar. Love it. Even though this is a Custom Shop, its so pretty I don't blame you for putting it in this thread :cheers2:
I can't help it. I'm impulsive! But I will offer up these two, which are USA, and which I sadly sold. Fortunately, I know the amber is still rocking in a band on the East Coast and the guy loves her so much he won't sell her back.... so I know it's getting good and beat and loved!

DSC00607.JPG
DSC00604.JPG

DaveSG

Reaction score
I can't help it. I'm impulsive! But I will offer up these two, which are USA, and which I sadly sold. Fortunately, I know the amber is still rocking in a band on the East Coast and the guy loves her so much he won't sell her back.... so I know it's getting good and beat and loved!

View attachment 529073 View attachment 529074
Wow, you sure know how to pick them! Does the amber have historic hardware? Great top with some nice grainlines. That could pass for a historic at first glance.

Latest Threads