Gibson USA factory tour

leduke

Reaction score
I just saw this 2016 factory tour videos... looks like a Japanese customer's tour

At 24min 06s I can't believe my eyes, do they "enamel" the finish by cutting it ??? :eek:
All the woodcraft is performed by machines.... Humain hand is only for glueing...

Is it really the Custom Shop Factory ??? :squint:

Last edited:

guidothepimmp

Reaction score
Do they charge for these tours? I would guess with the news of their impending demise, these tours would be pretty popular?
Yes they do charge. I cannot for the life of me remember how much it was. I booked online. It might have been 12 or 15 USD. I speak under correction though.

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score
Unless I missed something, the vacuum of the spray booth draws everything away from the sprayer....mask not needed,....apparently.
Wasnt pointing at the missing respirator in the spray room, was more referring at the dust masks.

Kaicho8888

Reaction score
Bearded guy with an accent said "Nitro breathes" (25:41 minutes). So, does moisture also get to the wood? Or is this some myth to sell Gibson mojo wood that breathes. Taylor uses modern poly in thin layer and that's on acoustic guitars were wood resonance matters.

Well, we do not know the percent nitrocelluous composition of the modern Gibson; it sure dries faster than the old 50's nitro used on hotrod hobby cars! Glad to see Gibson is still going strong.