Gibson Traditional Pro Questions

JMB1984

Reaction score
Hmm... very tempted to buy the guitar tonight. But that would be a rash decision, so I think I'll sleep on it. But man, sounds like a good deal huh? I have to factor in whether or not I will want a flame top later.... (reason should tell my emotion that that does not affect tone!)

Others pointed out the neck difference already, but in my opinion this is the most important difference. You should buy based on which of the two necks is more comfortable. Another difference between the Trad pro and the Traditional is the flame top. If you werent looking at the pelham blue, the other tops on the Pro including the burst finishes were generally plain (not flame). That being said, many of the newer Trad Pro II's have plus tops even though they aren't really advertised that way.

ddroz60lp

Reaction score
I love my trad pro.The neck feels alot like my G0. but with the neck binding slightly rounded. I do find the coil splitting helpful. Just don't expect it to sound like a Strat or Tele. The neck and back can be buffed out to a nice gloss. Just hit it with some virtuoso polish and a bit of elbow grease. Oh, one more thing. I usually have to swap out the pots and caps of all my Gibson Usa guitars. I may throw some PIO caps in mine, but the pots(maybe due to the coil tapping thing)seem pretty solid and have a nice taper.

beter pan

Reaction score
I got a similar confusion too.
What about the Signature T?
I am living in Turkey. The dealer in Germany (thomann) I am going to buy my Gibson Les Paul reported that they might not make the trad. pros until August or so. Therefore I got to consider a Traditional or a Signature T. I want a Trad Pro, with coil splitting and slim neck. but I don't know what to do.......

Chadd

Reaction score
I actually liked the specs of the traditional pro more than the traditional. I have one of the Honeyburst models with a 50s neck and a black 60s neck. Both are excellent guitars and I highly recommend them to anyone.

YoshiJimbo

Reaction score
Hmm... very tempted to buy the guitar tonight. But that would be a rash decision, so I think I'll sleep on it. But man, sounds like a good deal huh? I have to factor in whether or not I will want a flame top later.... (reason should tell my emotion that that does not affect tone!)

That's a great deal! Since the Pro IIs came out they may be trying to move the older models. I doubt they have a whole lot of them. I got my Traditional Pro from MF and I would not hesitate to buy from them again. :slash:

Screen_shot_2012-12-02_at_12_10_03_PM.png

Memdroid

Reaction score
That's a great deal! Since the Pro IIs came out they may be trying to move the older models. I doubt they have a whole lot of them. I got my Traditional Pro from MF and I would not hesitate to buy from them again. :slash:

Damn that's a nice looking guitar. Sell it to me!:shock:

rapaul76

Reaction score
I can't speak to the Trad Pro's, but the Trad Pro II's are awesome! I don't believe they are one step down from a Traditional either. Split coils, locking tuners, satin finish (to me a must), 60's profile neck and traditional weight relief (not sure about that because mine is heavy/solid).....damn fine guitar. My Trad Pro II, and others here are the forum, came with a flame maple top.

Here's mine.

ElhazGuy

Reaction score
My Trad Pro is all I wanted for a LP to sound and look.
Now, I'm on a quest for a Tele... :D

GibsonMarshallGuy

Reaction score

Nice!!

RocknPop

Reaction score
Thanks guys. So I actually called Sweetwater (because I'm impressed with their customer service just after buying tone knobs) to give them a shot. Essentially asked them, "look I can get a LP Trad Pro for $1,529 shipped, can you match or beat that with something comparable?" They'll get back to me with an answer Monday. :)

Latest Threads