GIBSON TOKYO SKYLINE LES PAUL CUSTOM ’18

Bluesky

Silver Supporter
Reaction score

Just picked this up from Daves guitar shop. All comments welcome. I know its not everyones cup of tea. I love Customs.....but do not like Gold hardware. I played one with a 70's van custom paint job that just didnt do it for me. I loved the guitar though. This one I thought was def. cool. I love everything about Japanese culture.....loved this skyline look on the black custom theme from the custom shop. It was reduced to a price less then a reg. USA custom.

From Daves: ustom Shop, Glossy finish, 1 11/16th” nut width, The neck thickness is .84″ at the first and .99″ at the 12th frets, 8.4 pounds, With the certificate and Lifton hardshell case, Excellent,

I was all over it. The more I look at it the more I dig it......... :love:

bwillard

Reaction score
I think it is REALLY cool! Congratulations! I'm sure you had to pay a pretty penny for that one. I saw the L.A. skyline version and it wasn't cheap!

MSB

Reaction score
i wouldn't think i'd like it, but that vertical pic makes it look pretty darn cool. HNGD

anorton

Reaction score
Great looking guitar! Congratulations and happy NGD!

scott1970

Reaction score
Oddly enough, the first thing I thought of was Miami Vice. Don’t know why. I do like it, though.

Where’s Mal?

musicmaniac

Reaction score
I noticed that one too. I'm sure you got a great deal on a cool guitar. Congrats!

moreles

Reaction score
I dislike paintings on guitar tops... except this one is strangely very attractive! It really works. I think having the sky doing its own kind of burst is clever and good-looking; it's like having a burst on one half, and a black beauty on the other. Really nice! ...except for the speed knobs, which suck IMO.

MSB

Reaction score
i never even knew these existed, what cities did they use? apparently LA was one?

My Les Paul Classifieds