Gibson style double neck wiring

Mr French

Reaction score
Had mad a post like this in the general area but not really going anywhere so I figure I try here. Currently visiting family in Alberta and a my nephew has an import SG double neck but the wiring is funky. In a nutshell it has no option for neck selection " cutting out signal between 6 or 12 string" All pickups remain active and really is horrible.

Purchased and arrived today is Switchcraft 3-Way Right Angle Double Neck Toggle Switch

The other other toggle switch is the stock 3 terminal if it's compatible with the switch posted above.

I was given a link for a build on another forum and found a diagram but I am unsure how to interpret it and I am a novice at reading these schematic. I can speak the language of medicine but not wiring schematics.

I appreciate all input

doubleneck. wiring.jpg
Double neck pcture.jpg

Kennoyce

Reaction score
Not sure if I can help. but a few things, where you have the yellow diamond labled "hot?", that is just the symbol for a resistor and just means the pickup. The ground symbol you have is correct. I really don't know what you mean by ground wrap. For the wiring diagram, you literally just follow the wires where the are shown, and then make sure all of the grounds are wired together.

Mr French

Reaction score
Oh OK that makes sense. I appreciate that clarification, I am used to the Duncan wiring diagrams.

Mr French

Reaction score
double_neck_switch_3__44788.1526445286.jpg

How does this look? I've spend a few hours trying to figure this out and even left the soldering iron on and boy that was a mistake. I'm sure I made a few mistake wire wiring and will need to look at it in the AM but how does this diagram look so far?

Mr French

Reaction score
It was late night when I made that diagram and I even attempted to solder afterwards. I've given up on the project as I am still unable to get it to work.

Any thoughts?

Latest Threads