gibson strings

DanL

Reaction score
Never tried vintage reissues, but none of their other strings have impressed me. Dean Markley Blue Steel for me.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
been using ernie ball strings forever want something different any body use the gibson brite wires are they any good

I've been using Brite's since buying a new Lester with those on it a couple years back. Used DaDs for about forever until I played Brites... working in and now owning a shop, I've played a lot of strings... Hooked on Brites now... Me likely long time... :)

Have them on my Lesters (minibuckers and TTops), Hamer Monaco (Duncans) , Strats...

Sounds good on anything...

jstarr

Starr Guitar Works
Reaction score
Three words: Burnished Nickel Rockers. The end.

truckermde

Reaction score
I found the bright wires to be really nice! I tried them in 10s, and they were very slinky, and great for bends.

The Birdman

Reaction score
I'm gonna *guess* that Inside Guy is telling us Gibson strings are made by Ernie Ball... similar packaging. Maybe he can drop another hint; is that just Brite Wires or does it include Vintage Reissue strings?

I like the VRs a lot and haven't found similar affection for any EB string I've tried. I would not be surprised if Brite Wires are made by EB, but will be surprised if VRs are.

Of course "made by" doesn't necessarily mean same-string-different-package. Inside Guy, more hints please! :)

Looking at the packaging, my guess is GHS.....

Donal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I switched over to them everal years ago and never looked back.

I like them and the price/quality is really good.

I also tried the Vintage Reissue, but didn't find much difference in them.

brianbzed

Reaction score
Tried Bright Wires....didn't like 'em.....felt kinda stiff and went dead quickly. Ernie Ball slinkys have never disappointed me. Good luck!:fingersx:

GeeJay

Reaction score
I mostly use Gibson Vintage Reissue strings on my Les Paul, but I can only get them online. No-one stocks them locally, so if I need a new set ASAP, I go with Ernie Ball.

boyscout

GAS study patient member
Reaction score
Looking at the packaging, my guess is GHS.....

Could be. Could also be Ernie Ball. Maybe someone who knows will tell us.

boyscout-albums-boyscout-photos-picture73955-gibsonstringspkg.jpg

boyscout-albums-boyscout-photos-picture73956-ernieballstringpkg.jpg

boyscout-albums-boyscout-photos-picture73957-ghsstringspkg.jpg

gruffydd3

Reaction score
New Gibsons come with a card saying they're supplied with Cleartone strings. Maybe they make Brite Wires too.

DanL

Reaction score
Could be. Could also be Ernie Ball. Maybe someone who knows will tell us.

From my limited experience in a factory, the EB set was not sealed/cut by the same packing machine as the other 2. Look at the serrated edge on Gibson/GHS vs EB.

Inside Guy

I am no longer @ Gibson
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
From my limited experience in a factory, the EB set was not sealed/cut by the same packing machine as the other 2. Look at the serrated edge on Gibson/GHS vs EB.

You nailed it...you win a Cigar!

Latest Threads