Gibson SGS3 as new, just won’t work for a lefty

mjross

Reaction score
I have a NOS Gibson SGS3 that I truly love but have to sell. I’m a lefty and buy a lot of right handed guitars hoping that they will play upside down. Some do some do not! I’m a deco freak and love ANYTHING DECO and bought this for that reason among others. It’s an absolutely beautiful SG and pretty rare. However, as much as I’ve tried it won’t work and the very cool vibrato, well let’s say it gets in the way.

This guitar will surprise you with the sounds you can get with the 3 pickups. Would like to sell guitar, case, and candy. $2500 you pay shipping. NO TRADES, NO TRADES, NO TRADES! PayPal only, sold as is. Hate to see her go, my wife is going to kill me.

sorry about double post, did not like the pic and I guess I screwed up! My bad, sorry!

CAF2116D-730F-4902-AF71-C1A4E8EB0450.jpeg

mjross

Reaction score
Great guitar and I’d love to keep it but the part I like the most (trem) gets in the way when you play it upside down. Sometimes you just have to admit that it just is not going to work and move on. I really wish they had made these in a left handed version.

kakerlak

Reaction score
I wonder if you could put a left-handed Maestro tailpiece in its place. Would mean some extra holes, but I think there's a chance either tailpiece would cover the unused screw holes from the other. Cool guitar, either way!

mjross

Reaction score
I wonder if you could put a left-handed Maestro tailpiece in its place. Would mean some extra holes, but I think there's a chance either tailpiece would cover the unused screw holes from the other. Cool guitar, either way!
I don’t think a lefty Trem like this exists! besides, I would not want to mess up this beautiful guitar. I buy some guitars because I like the way they look, this was one of them. They really are very nice unique guitars and look amazing. However, thanks for the thought!

Brazilnut

Reaction score
What color is it? I can't tell if it's black or just dark cherry....

mjross

Reaction score
What color is it? I can't tell if it's black or just dark cherry....
It’s black! Told my wife I was going to sell it a few minutes ago. It‘s her favorite guitar of all the guitars I own, and believe me, that’s a bunch. I’ll leave it up for a little while longer than just put it back on the rack. Was hoping that someone might be looking for one of these to add to their collection.

mjross

Reaction score
RESONABLE OFFER! I’d like to see this go to a nice collection. These are unique and special!

Brazilnut

Reaction score
Can I get the action as low as I like it with that trem? Like between 2 and 3 millimeters at the 12th? Sometimes the trem limits how low you can get the strings.

mjross

Reaction score
Not sure, I’ve only taken it out of the case a few times because my wife loves it! However, appears to be pretty low as is. At least low enough for me.

mjross

Reaction score
Just looked at string height, pretty low! Appears to be room to adjust lower if needed but unless you absolutely need the strings on the frets I think you would be happy with the string height. Like they say “plays like butter” I guess! Never played butter myself...

mjross

Reaction score
This is a very nice guitar! I’m sure someone out there wants it. Would look great in your SG collection!

Latest Threads