Gibson SG P-90 Special

truetone6

Reaction score

SDMFVan

Reaction score
I got mine last night. It's a 2019 model but from before the ownership change, with the old format serial number and PCB board wiring. FYI, American Musical Supply is blowing these out for almost $500 less than the Original Collection version, so it's worth it even if you replace all the electronics to get rid of the PCB.

SDMFVan

Reaction score
According to Gibson the "old" version of these also have cryogenically treated frets. Might be a selling point for some.

mdubya

Reaction score
I got mine last night. It's a 2019 model but from before the ownership change, with the old format serial number and PCB board wiring. FYI, American Musical Supply is blowing these out for almost $500 less than the Original Collection version, so it's worth it even if you replace all the electronics to get rid of the PCB.

I looked for the AMS sale and couldn't find it.

Got a link? :hmm::oops:

SDMFVan

Reaction score
The price seems to be fluctuating. I paid $1049 last week.

SDMFVan

Reaction score
That is more like the kind of price I was looking for. Thank you for sharing that. :yesway:

I will say that after having it in hand for a few days I think it's still a great deal at $1250. I'm super impressed with this guitar. Hopefully the sun comes out so I can get some pics today.

mdubya

Reaction score
I will say that after having it in hand for a few days I think it's still a great deal at $1250. I'm super impressed with this guitar. Hopefully the sun comes out so I can get some pics today.

I would buy one if I didn't already have an excellent SG Classic. I am smitten with the Sparkling Burgundy (I like the Pelham Blue, too) and the wrap around bridge. What cool guitars! "Blow out" pricing would push me over the edge. But the guitar would be redundant. My Classic has been a faithful companion for years, so I am not going to replace it with a newer model. It has earned its keep.

SDMFVan

Reaction score
Here's a couple quick shots that I got this morning. My only real gripe is an aesthetic one, and that's that with how great the sparkling burgundy looks it's a shame they went with the silk screened gold Gibson logo. Pearl would have really made the whole package pop.

Attachments

• IMG_4598.jpg
    IMG_4598.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4597.jpg
    IMG_4597.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4600.jpg
    IMG_4600.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 26

mdubya

Reaction score
Here's a couple quick shots that I got this morning. My only real gripe is an aesthetic one, and that's that with how great the sparkling burgundy looks it's a shame they went with the silk screened gold Gibson logo. Pearl would have really made the whole package pop.

thumb_its-beautiful-36761423.png

Any hints of gold underneath? That is my real interest in Sparkling Burgundy, having the gold show through as the finish wears.

That said, my 2005 Classic shows hardly any wear at all.

SDMFVan

Reaction score
thumb_its-beautiful-36761423.png

Any hints of gold underneath? That is my real interest in Sparkling Burgundy, having the gold show through as the finish wears.

That said, my 2005 Classic shows hardly any wear at all.

It's really hard to tell. It does looks like it could have some gold in it, but I can't tell if it's a base coat or maybe gold flake mixed into the burgundy? Either way it looks fantastic, I'm really glad I went for this over the pelham blue.

truetone6

Reaction score
All the Guitar Center stores are closed now,at least the ones in Minnesota.

Latest Threads