Gibson quick connect questions

Memdroid

Reaction score
It seems there is no after market option to buy original Gibson pickups with quick connect plugs.

But in one of my Les Pauls (2017 standard HP) I got Gibson adapters to connect pickups solderless on the PCB board. But the adapter has 5 colorcoded ports.

Can I use this to quick connect adapter with regular two conductor cabled pickups? If so which colors, do I need to match? I don’t really care much about coil-split and out of phase sounds, as long as I have a full humbucking sound without gutting the whole guitars electronics.

moreles

Reaction score
Makes you wonder why they're called "quick" connects. Hopefully, someone will chime in with the wiring info you need. You should be able to find it on the web. Sorry I don't have that info in my head. It is possible to crate a user-friendly, no-solder connecting unit that accepts most/all pickup leads, with a chart or even online resource to tell you what goes where, but Gibson wants to force you to use only Gibson products, so they defy your wishes to be able to mix things up easily, I hope somne forum member can give you the wiring specs.

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I buy the harness adapter thingies all the time and simply solder them onto new pups

super easy…

I love quick connect boards…I wish they had them for 3 pups made by gibson

-chris

Latest Threads