Gibson quality going down the drain again ...

Buffalo

Reaction score
... got my new Explorer case today, that i've ordered almost a year ago (mid may 2020). So i was quite happy when the parcel arrived, until i opened it.
Since when do the grips on gibson cases do look and feel so shabby or someone simply forgot to add a strip of leather on the grip ?

What it looked like:
Explorer.jpg

What i was expecting:
(my flying v case for reference)
flyingV.jpg

Buffalo

Reaction score
I predict this isn't going to go well with the b.s. clickbait, then no problem with a guitar whatsoever.
It's the sequel to last years disapointment with the Explorer it self ... This was the first guitar i ever had to return because it was fubar. I really hoped anything would have changed for the better within this year.

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Flying V case handle looks molded or glued and the Explorer case handle looks stitched, with perhaps some dark dye where it's sewn together.

The Explorer handle actually looks like leather while the V one seems to be vinyl.

DoctorGonzo

Reaction score
The Flying V case handle looks molded or glued and the Explorer case handle looks stitched, with perhaps some dark dye where it's sewn together.

The Explorer handle actually looks like leather while the V one seems to be vinyl.

I think the dark edges of the Explorer case handle is actually burnished leather, usually that's a sign of higher quality leather products that they took the time to burnish the edges.

sonar1

Reaction score
The quality is better on Weds.

On Fri the QC is iffy

wully

Reaction score
... got my new Explorer case today, that i've ordered almost a year ago (mid may 2020). So i was quite happy when the parcel arrived, until i opened it.
Since when do the grips on gibson cases do look and feel so shabby or someone simply forgot to add a strip of leather on the grip ?

What it looked like:
View attachment 520129

What i was expecting:
(my flying v case for reference)
View attachment 520128
That’s just shocking. I’m shocked. Really shocked. No.. more than that.. :mad2:

Latest Threads