Gibson Quality Conrtol Your turn to have a say

Latearrival

Reaction score
Can't comment on current production, but my 09 Trad is excellent! - Can't fault...

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
'08 Std---Perfect.
And I've searched for something wrong. It's in my lap right now.
Hang on, I'll check again.
WHAT?! No Bigsby?!
How did I miss THAT?!
Otherwise, all's well, here.
Nice job, Gibson! Even if nobody else wants to say it these days.
:cheers:

Bountyhunter

Reaction score
What do you think about gibson's quailty control these days
Now is you time to have a say

i have a poll over on the gibson site. i was wondering what you guys might think about gibsons quailty control. if you like go over and take the poll.
thanks
Gibson Quality Conrtol Your turn to have a say - Gibson Guitar Board
So do you work for Gibson? Can our input make a difference, if there needs to be one? Are you just trolling for people to post over there? Why not make the poll here?

joedonner2001

Reaction score
Hear ye all people and listen up. Allow my humble self to have the final say on Gibson's quality control: Gibson's quality control is just fine and dandy. If you find one that isn't quality controlled enough to satisfy your high standards, then DON'T BUY THE DAMN THING.

Thank you for tuning in. This topic has now been flogged to death and everyone is sick of it already.

River

Reaction score
Hear ye all people and listen up. Allow my humble self to have the final say on Gibson's quality control: Gibson's quality control is just fine and dandy. If you find one that isn't quality controlled enough to satisfy your high standards, then DON'T BUY THE DAMN THING.

Thank you for tuning in. This topic has now been flogged to death and everyone is sick of it already.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
I put my .02 in. We'll see if the management has the brains to listen to their customers, though. I'm skeptical.

Daryl Licht

Reaction score
2010 Trad Pro is perfect. Nothing has been done to the setup, since nothing has needed to be done. No cosmetic issues either.

In contrast, the 2005 Studio needed fret leveling from the beginning, it was impossible to get a decent setup without doing so. It's now as good as any guitar you could pick up, but that type of work shouldn't be necessary even in this price range.

Several months ago I played just about every LP above the Studio and below the historics that my local GC had. One Trad had a cosmetic flaw that should have never left the factory. I wouldn't have been disappointed with any of the rest.

Dr.Distortion

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
As I've said in everyone of these Quality Control threads.
It's NOT the Quality Control. It's what the corporate managment deems acceptable. The managment sets the standards. The Quality department inspects and reports.

McLovin

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X50WO4m3k1E]flogging a dead horse - arima toy and automata museum - YouTube[/ame]

Louie

Reaction score
2009 Trad, CS Junior, ES335, Explorer: perfect out-of-the-box.
2010 Flying V, R9: perfect out-of-the-box.
2011 MM Special, Trad Pro: perfect out-of-the-box.

Probably the 2012's are shit. :rolleyes:

lespaul89

Reaction score
why do everyone insist on bringing this crap up? if people dont like the quality of gibson nowadays then dont buy them, simple as that

lespaul01

Banned
Reaction score
2009 08 Standard.. bad nut. Otherwise and now with a new but... fantastic Git!

ed1996

Reaction score
I think I need to be locked in a room with a hundred or so new les pauls and a bunch of boutique tube amps.
That'll settle this argument once and for all:D

Plank Spanker

Reaction score
In my opinion, there's quality control and there's the spec'ing of design and materials. I like Gibsons and am always trying them out, and in my experience, for what it's worth, the overbuilt, thick-finished, clunky instruments of a few decades ago (notably the horrible, dead acoustics) have largely been replaced by very well-made guitars. But Gibson still jerks around when it comes to design and materials, sometimes seeking innovation but sometimes trying to foist odd or more profitable elements on the public. And, finally, because of the rabid non-player collectors market, they are able to charge outrageous prices for anything beyond their standard-issue instruments. PRS has a friendly reputation, but they're into the same thing. Beyond basics, the prices skyrocket. I buy used.

Twanged

Reaction score
I own a Gibson LP Studio Faded Worn Brown and it has small issues that kind of makes it hard to even wipe down the guitar. It seems more on the back then the front and the neck, but man they could have sanded these bodies down to make them smoother than what they have done. Other than that it has no other issues. By the way I purchased it from Sweetwater and had one of there salesmen look it over before they sent it to me. Excellent Company.