Gibson Price Increase

Crotch

Support MLP Veterans & Vendors
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
PSA: As of Monday, dealer cost on ALL Gibson guitar prices have gone up a minimum of 10%! And on some, a lot more than 10%. I'll keep my thoughts and opinions to myself for now. :eek::wow::facepalm:
Well, I for one am not shocked. Still enjoying the Beano I got from you though and a few Strats so I'm good.

SoCal Flood

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Good thing I recently bought my 2017 Standard on sale for $2,200. Guess I lucked out timing wise. My next LP purchase was probably gonna be used, this makes that a certainty. Thanks for the info!

Lebond

Reaction score
No change for me, used has been the way to go for me for a while now.

However it does appear that someone is either out of touch with current market conditions or they really do want Gibson to go under :(

RAG7890

Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that update Mark. :thumb:

Nice to get some straight information for a change. ;)

Cheers, Rudi

Last edited:

RAG7890

Premium Member
Reaction score
..................we are seeing the "great divide" IMHO.

New prices going up & second hand prices falling.

So the concept of rolling Guitars like many do, is becoming harder & harder because many cannot afford the difference.

The market is shrinking.

So Gibson is in reality cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Pretty funny really, especially when you consider the good options available re NOS & second hand.

:cheers2:

Last edited:

rich85

Reaction score
Well the current hype around these guitars is absolute boredom, people confused by the company and people with 0 interest in purchasing another one.

So a slow market new and used is to be expected. The excitement buying of a few years ago is long gone.

vegetto_456

Reaction score
Does that mean the 2017 LP tribute will increase in price AGAIN? The Canadian Peso is weak as is, wtf gibson!