• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
No, not a fact.

BB

Thanks for the confirmation.

Under the ethics of business, organization and takeover agreements can I make it clear that it would be very disrespectful if a takeover proceeded and there was no announcement.

Regards.

[I'm sure everyone else feels the same]

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
this is off the gear page:

"Gibson is producing a new line of Les Paul. This model will be a cheeper version of the studio and will be produced in China, yet it will still carry the Gibson logo. The guitar comes with a usb port, and a genuine Gibson usb wire. Plug the guitar into your computer and you are greeted with a program that contains a dumbed down version of Amplitube, and basic recording/editing fuctions, and a program to help you learn songs, along with a store.

The big 'revolution' is Gibson will have an 'Itunes' like store. Songs will be downloaded as *.gpf files, which is a compsoite of .mp3 and Gibson's new tabulature format. The format makes learning the songs super easy. You can slow down the song, and there will even be videos for some of the most popular songs, which would require an additional purchase. This isn't like learning songs from youtube, or other tab sites. These songs will be accurate as Gibson is working with the Artists when possible, and life long musicians otherwise.

*edit: The price mark for the guitar is going to be $300 - $500. The $500 version will have better electronics, and finish."

No, no, no...not true - but we're enjoying watching the threads with this rumor.

Gibson Customer Service
1-800-4GIBSON
[email protected]

What's this all about? - Gibson Guitar Board

post#11

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
Pfff sounds like crap. We dont need guitars from China. We dont need the new software where you pay for songs. We got Guitar pro for accurate tabs and instruments etc.

Seriously, dowload Guitar Pro if you never tried it.

How is this a revolution? Sounds like a new toy for teenagers too scared to crank a real amp on stage, too scared to actually be on stage, and have fun in their bedroom. Who needs cheap guitars? We got 1000 different brands of cheap guitars already. Fail Gibson

Leendrix

The Cheeky One
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I know what I'm getting as my next guitar...

But sorry if its been said, but when are these supposed to come out? Like for sale?

I don't think so. I'll give it a try, sure. But I just can't get into the whole digital thing.

InkedLester

Drippin with Blues Blood
Reaction score
A USB on a guitar? That's just nuts. When will it stop! Technology has gone too far already!

LongBeach

Reaction score
I think it's a big announcement. A Gibson being made in china. A guitar having a usb connection. A music site with tabs built in. And a Gibson for $300. That's a lot of changes.

you forget the cell phone option :hmm:

CenCalPlayer

Reaction score
It may not be too far fetched what is around the corner. Gibson just entered into an arrangement with Legacy Learning and has funded the complete reshoot of their Learn and Master Guitar series....the product is no longer Legacy's Learn and Master Guitar but rather Gibson's Learn and Master Guitar. The newly shot DVD series now only has the instructor using Gibson guitars and has a sales pitch on those guitars apparently put in as well. They also did that I phone app with LMG earlier in the year as well....will interesting to see what Gibson is up to. If a Gibi is built in China, its not a Gibi any longer imo.

Reaction score
A USB on a guitar? That's just nuts. When will it stop! Technology has gone too far already!

Let it go too far. How does it affect you?

It doesn't.

I too hate all this pointless crap these big guitar corps put out, but it doesn't actually come my way, mainly because I think it's not the right way to go and plus I don't buy it.

I favor traditional methods and traditional guitars, and it seem even some Guitar corps can't even get that to a high standard let alone putting an iMac in a guitar.

Imagine that, Apple bring out a guitar. The iAxe

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
How popular are the robot and dust tiger? I think thats enough evidence that people dont need or want the technological crap.
I mean, we all pay top dollar for amps and guitars that are made like 40-50 years ago. That means that old is good, new is bad. This is like NEW NEW. Too much new! AAAaaarghhh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads