Gibson "Play Authentic" video

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
It’s not a Gibson shape. Look closer and use your mighty powers of observation to see the difference, or are you the guy who can’t tell the difference that Gibson is worried about.

BTW, I’ve hidden the headstocks to make it more challenging for you.

BTW, this was a trick question, they’re both Telecasters.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
I shall believe the “kinder and gentler” Gibson when I see it dismiss its lawsuit against Dean. Nobody who knows enough about guitars to consider buying either would mistake one for the other. Instead, Gibson needs to crack down on the Chinese fakers who make and sell fake copies that actually have the names “Gibson” or “Epiphone” on the headstock. I would support Gibson 100% in that fight.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
I shall believe the “kinder and gentler” Gibson when I see it dismiss its lawsuit against Dean. Nobody who knows enough about guitars to consider buying either would mistake one for the other. Instead, Gibson needs to crack down on the Chinese fakers who make and sell fake copies that actually have the names “Gibson” or “Epiphone” on the headstock. I would support Gibson 100% in that fight.
The news release is by:
Libby Coffey
PRIME PR GROUP, INC.

I very much doubt if someone, say Armadillo, decides not to collaborate with Gibson that JC will just walk away. The message is clear, talk to us, work something out or else.

I still think Armadillo and Gibson will settle.

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still care about as much as I did before

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
Still a swing and a miss.
Gibson doesn’t seem to care about similar, but identical.

Tell that to PRS. In that suit, Gibson was trying to claim pretty much any solidbody with a single cutaway and arched top infringed its claimed Les Paul trademark.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
Tell that to PRS. In that suit, Gibson was trying to claim pretty much any solidbody with a single cutaway and arched top infringed its claimed Les Paul trademark.
And it was determined by Gibson, in court, that the PRS SC didn’t look like a Les Paul. I think they said that only an idiot would mistake the two.
Move on, as Gibson has.

Now if Gibson does go for a trademarks on generic shapes such as anything remotely looking like a V, Explorer or SG then they have jumped the shark. But so far they’ve moved in the opposite direction.