Gibson Nitro reaction , help!!!

Reaction score
Yesterday I played a show, wearing t-shirt with print of one rock band I like..Long story short, where guitar touched that rubbery print on t-shirt, there are some spots now, like chemical reaction in nitro lacquer..Tried today to remove it with Gibson Pump polish, did not go away..Any advices or this is permanent battle scar?
thanks

Attachments

MiniB

Reaction score
You can probably buff and polish it out if need be.

Injector

Reaction score
Has it gone all matt and lost the sheen in that area? A good tech could repair it with nitro and it would look as good as new. I doubt that polishes will do much.

bum

Reaction score
Congrats on the gig wear, now you don't have to stress about your guitar being immaculate due to the honest, well earned battlescars :)

Injector

Reaction score
Congrats on the gig wear, now you don't have to stress about your guitar being immaculate due to the honest, well earned battlescars :)
I'm sure he would treat it as such after a night on the tiles with Jimmy Page, some groupies and a big bag of blow but sadly this 'battle scar' came from .........a T-shirt.:run:

Reaction score
I'm sure he would treat it as such after a night on the tiles with Jimmy Page, some groupies and a big bag of blow but sadly this 'battle scar' came from .........a T-shirt.:run:
Just what I am thinking my man :) But hey, it is a black guitar. Lesson learned, never buy black guitar or car, every ding,scratch and anomaly is visible as hell.. Only light colors, some nice unburst Standard will be the next thing I ll buy :)

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just what I am thinking my man :) But hey, it is a black guitar. Lesson learned, never buy black guitar or car, every ding,scratch and anomaly is visible as hell.. Only light colors, some nice unburst Standard will be the next thing I ll buy :)
Here ya go....

LP_Top.jpg

Brek

Reaction score
I have used a car detailing deminishing cutting compound to remove marks, farecla G3, use a lint free polishing cloth, use about a number 4 shot size amount on the cloth and polish gently using circular motion over the area until compound reduces to very fine powder, if want to be cautious you can do in stages, wipe off before finished and check area, then do some more. Be cautious and gentle and it will remove like was never there. I prefer the Deminishing compounds over say maguiers ultimate compound, that seemed to leave a dullness, like it has fillers in or something.

cherrick

Reaction score
My guess is the band on the T-shirt sucked and your Lester was repulsed.

crowemag82

Reaction score
Embrace it or buy a guitar you feel comfortable getting a little "love" at shows.

rogue3

Reaction score
All my Gibbys and Martins have this.But my poly Telecasters are indestructible.

Welcome to nitro.It'll buff out with the right cleaner.I leave mine alone...one day tho.:hmm:

Latest Threads