Gibson Murphy Lab Greenie

Edwardrknives

Reaction score
Man, for a group of folks that have a common love of a tool(Les Pauls) to create their art, there are some seriously closed minds in here... For the vast majority of us, sure this isn't something we can afford or would buy if we could afford it. That's not to say that this isn't a statement piece that's targeted at a niche audience that Gibson knows they have. Y'all do realize they spend a ton on marketing and market research, right? This certainly wasn't a decision made on a whim and it's very likely they had a good idea of who would jump at the chance to wire over $50k.

uncajoey

Reaction score
Word has it that Gibson will be charging FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS for a copy of a guitar that Peter Green used In Fleetwood Mac.

They won’t even publish the list price on their site, you have to call their sales department so they can “close” you.

I know a product is worth whatever the market will pay, but fifty grand for an R9?

DanD

Reaction score
Kirk bought it and plays it out where people can actually see it.

I don’t get the hate here. He doesn’t have to be your fave guitarist but I’m sure he’s many folks fave.

The Black album is one of the best selling albums of all time. Lots of fans out there.

I’m not one of them but I also won’t be telling anyone what to like or listen to.

Good on Kirk for playing it out. Same goes for JB. I’m no JB fan either but I do appreciate that he’s got fans and that he tours with his bursts.

As for pricing on a replica these are already spoken for. ‘Nuff said…

Or, if you have to ask the price you can’t afford it…

Gibson is a for profit company first and foremost.

The fact that they make some nice guitars from time to time is icing on the cake…

Last edited:

uncajoey

Reaction score
The mystique is there, but I remember seeing the real thing about ten years ago at a guitar show, and it just looked forlorn, sitting there in its case, all beat up and faded.

“Mojo” aside, I’ve seen much finer looking bursts.

Fifty grand for a copy of a beat up old LP?

I guess there’s no accounting for taste.

mudface

Shaw Bucker
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gibson is a for profit company first and foremost.

Absolutely,.... If Gibson wants all the money for one guitar they have the right to ask.

Everybody else has the right to say No...... or Yes

There is no wrong or right or stupid or crazy.

MusiquedeReve

Reaction score
Decisions...decisions...I have the opportunity to buy this -- and if I eat only Mac n'Cheese for the next 2 years I can make it happen -- hmmmmm - what to do?

Dolebludger

Reaction score
My attitude is that if I can only play a 50K guitar half way well, it is time to give it up.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Did that asshat really carve his initials in Greeny?

:eek2:

carousel-images-slide03.jpg

PageSide84

Reaction score
Not encouraging anyone to watch the videos . . . but Trogly was told he can't purchase the guitar. Kind of funny.

PageSide84

Reaction score
I'd personally rather have the CC1.

I still don't see a line that Gibson has put more work into than that CC line. Especially they early ones.
Unless they've fixed the ML finish flaking issues (and maybe they have and I missed it), I agree with you. That said, the only CC1 on Reverb is 47k and doesn't come with a trip.

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score

Or, if you have to ask the price you can’t afford it…
That line is the biggest line of BS I ever hear. Do you think wealthy people just spend money on things without knowing the cost? Really???

Crotch

Cocaine Bear
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless they've fixed the ML finish flaking issues (and maybe they have and I missed it), I agree with you. That said, the only CC1 on Reverb is 47k and doesn't come with a trip.
Yeah, grabbing one of those at even a somewhat decent rice has long sailed.

Latest Threads