Gibson Murphy Lab Greenie

kelsodeez

Reaction score
I bet it'll be $20,000. And probably all sold out so you have to pay $40k on reverb. I think I'd rather just have a collectors choice version for the price

PageSide84

Reaction score
I bet it'll be $20,000. And probably all sold out so you have to pay $40k on reverb. I think I'd rather just have a collectors choice version for the price

I agree. That they won't advertise the price tells you that it's going to cost a fortune.

Torshalla

Reaction score

Pretty cool I think… price will be very high, I hear 50k, not sure it s true.
But for those who can afford it (not me), pretty cool experience…
77837A57-CF23-4CB2-AB6C-7D9DCA5754E7.jpeg
DAB1A598-DE2C-4C77-A3FF-457F9C5AC9D0.jpeg

Subterfuge

Reaction score
kind of reminds me of the deal where you could fly to Bowling Green, Kentucky and they would hand you the keys to your new Corvette and you could be the first to start it up as it rolled off the assembly line .. $$$$ Luxury Brands at it's best ... not knocking it ... you just have to be rich to play the game ... I'd guess the 50K price is accurate

PageSide84

Reaction score
50k is nuts. It'd be nice if they did a run that wasn't quite so authentic for the plebes who were hoping for the 8-10k range.

Torshalla

Reaction score
50k is nuts. It'd be nice if they did a run that wasn't quite so authentic for the plebes who were hoping for the 8-10k range.
I understand there will be another ML run without brazilian board and not exact same aging for lower price, but no idea what the price will be…

Johnnyslim

Reaction score
Really...does it make any sense to attach three high profile names to this recreation? To me it always was and will always be the Peter Green guitar. The Gary Moore "Blues for Greeny" CD was a fine offering but to do yet another reissue of this guitar is going to that well too many times. As another member has posted, I wish the guitar were owned and used by a more blues oriented player. Hammett, to me, is more identified with his ESP guitars or what ever they are. But, he had the cash and he grabbed it. Good on for Kurt. Another reissue of this guitar is a thumbs down for me but I am sure all will be sold...quickly.

InTheEvening

Reaction score
Lol, and just a few threads down “Why pay such outrageous prices for beat up replicas of 58-60 Les Pauls?” :p
Suddenly those $5K Murphy Labs seem like a steal. ;)

In all seriousness, looks cool but I don’t think this is made for any of us regular players. Though if I had that money, I’d probably get a real 50’s Gibson, like an LP Junior.

Latest Threads