Gibson mounting rings fits Epiphone?

BluesZep

Reaction score
Sorry if the title isn't correct :confused:

I have a Epiphone Les Paul Standard, and I need to change the pickups mounting rings.
I was looking for Gibsons mounting rings but I don't know if they have the same dimensions of Epiphone's.
There's no Gibson products in my city, so i can't test or measure them. I'd like to know if anybody here in the forum has already tested them or instaled them on Epiphone guitar.

Thanks!!

lifele55

Reaction score
Hi Blues, I've posted a link in the thread where a guy compares the Gibson upgrades with an Epiphone and no, Gibson parts won't really fit an Epiphone.

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hi Blues, I've posted a link in the thread where a guy compares the Gibson upgrades with an Epiphone and no, Gibson parts won't really fit an Epiphone.
Thats sneaky of them

BluesZep

Reaction score
Thanks Lifele55!
Great upgrades this guy did to his LP.
Now I'm thinking about change the tailpiece to Lightweight :slash:

I'll look for Epiphone pickup rings on Ebay... Maybe I find them...

Robert1950

Reaction score
I wondering if the reason for that is that Gibson, like everything American, uses imperial measurement. Epiphones are made in China they may be metric.

lifele55

Reaction score
Yeah I think the different measurements used is why...

OR

It could also be about differentiating the Gibbs and its sister.

guitarzan58

Reaction score
I tried to install Gibson pickup rings on a 2008 Epi Les Paul standard. No go. Not only are the screws in a different location the rings are narrower and won't cover the routing holes for the pickups. Also, the Epi and Gibson pickguards are different to accomodate the pickup rings. Even if you got the pickup rings installed you may have pickguard issues.

lp_junkie

Reaction score
Robert- you are correct.

I use the Allparts rings for replacements, or I fill the old screw holes and just mount the Gibson rings properly so that they line up.

RMC1

Reaction score
Gibson`s will fit,but you have to be absolutely bang on with the placement.If you`re not,you will get a visible Gap between the Gibson Ring and the Guitar Body,you`ll need to plug the Original Screw Holes,wait for that to dry,then re drill the Pilot Holes.

lp_junkie

Reaction score
Rich- every time I see that guitar I am tempted to grab my sander.

RMC1

Reaction score
LOL,all i want is to be able to actually play the damn thing.May is getting closer by the Day though,so i`ll be patient.Get the Sander out mate,you know you want to :naughty::naughty:

Christmas

Reaction score
Hey Rich are those Gibson Historic or Gibson USA rings? Looks great...did you just install them recently or have you had them for awhile (I can't remember).

qtong

Reaction score
Gibson`s will fit,but you have to be absolutely bang on with the placement.If you`re not,you will get a visible Gap between the Gibson Ring and the Guitar Body,you`ll need to plug the Original Screw Holes,wait for that to dry,then re drill the Pilot Holes.

Hey everybody, I just joined haha. Anyways, I have an epiphone but just purchased a new gibson pickguard and pickup rings. so they will fit on my epi?

-=[Shifty]=-

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody, I just joined haha. Anyways, I have an epiphone but just purchased a new gibson pickguard and pickup rings. so they will fit on my epi?
:shock: Did you read through the thread??? The answer is out there, a pretty precise is even in the post you quoted!!!

Anyways, welcome to MLP!

qtong

Reaction score
-=[Shifty]=-;839549 said:
:shock: Did you read through the thread??? The answer is out there, a pretty precise is even in the post you quoted!!!

Anyways, welcome to MLP!
haha well there were some mixed answers out there. Some say yes, some say no, some say ya gotta hammer it down to get it there. not a prob anymore, i called up classic ax and got all original epi parts. they should get here by wednesday!

-=[Shifty]=-

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
haha well there were some mixed answers out there. Some say yes, some say no, some say ya gotta hammer it down to get it there. not a prob anymore, i called up classic ax and got all original epi parts. they should get here by wednesday!
Well, everybody said they won't fit and that you'd have to make them fit by drilling new holes and such.
Anyways, I think you're better off with Epi parts. I wouldn't drill new holes in my guitars. I'd be too scared to screw it up.

bmwfreq

Reaction score
I've been trying to find some tall (1/2"/flat/tapered) mounting rings for my Epi, but there is absolutley nothing available out there taller than 3/8". Anyone know where I can find a tall set of rings for my Epi LP? I've tried multiple sets of the Gibson mounting rings, but they're so close to the size of the pickup routing that they won't work. Anyone?

Latest Threads