Gibson Made to Measure 2019.

JUNAE9

Reaction score
Hi friends,
Has anyone done or will do the M2M project this year (2019)?
Tell your story and also talk about prices.

Thanks.

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi friends,
Has anyone done or will do the M2M project this year (2019)?
Tell your story and also talk about prices.

Thanks.
Just contact one of our sponsors. Discussing pricing, other than MAP, is not going to be done here in most cases because of dealer agreements with Gibson. The dealer will also be able to give you your list of "options".

Tim Plains

Reaction score
I ordered one through Steve Stuart / Wildwood and was told 10-12 weeks. I think this is week 14 now and WW has not been invoiced for it yet, so I'm not sure how much longer. Just be patient if you order one.

PauloQS

Reaction score
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but out of curiosity, what type of things do you guys ask in M2M? If I were to order one, I'd ask for compound radius, asymmetrical neck carve, a Tektoid or Graph Tech nut, non-mounted pick guard, no thumb bleeders, lighter weight timbers, bourbon burst finish, a darker dye for the back and neck, locking tuners, soil tap and phase invert push/pull hand wired pots, and a volute. Essentially, a light non-weight relieved 2017 Bourbon Burst Standard T with a fatter 59 neck, Gibson Custom quality, appointments (like the tortoise side dots and cellulose nitrate inlays) and attention to detail.

Uncle Vinnie

Premium Member
Reaction score
My most important spec would be neck profile. I recently picked up a 1996 R6 and I'd want the exact profile incorporated into a 1954 Custom BB reissue.

I'd want the blackest, tightest-grain piece of ebony in the entire Custom Shop. Low, narrow frets. Weight relief at the lower bout. Nicely aged binding, not the piss yellow/puke green as on some other black Custom reissues, and rolled just enough to take the edge off. Kluson waffle back tuners.

My local Gibson dealer told me I could get a '57 M2M for about $4,500, but going with a '54 Custom and slapping on a piece of ebony would probably kick up the price a bit.

DanD

Reaction score
The neck spec will kick it up some too. ;)

My '17 M2M Braz R7 w/a 1 piece top was a bit over 7K.

I'd say you're looking at mid 7s to 8K for what you're describing.