Gibson LP with defects returned to GC store and later listed in the same condition

Azmedian

Reaction score
The guy listing / evaluating items doesnt always know WTF there doing

afireinside

Reaction score
My worst was the other day, i have been on a string of returns lately due to mis identified damage, lying about condition ect

Bought a 2017 classic player sonic blue strat that was "mint" i get it and at first yes, yes it is! Flip it over neck sanded to bare wood...... heel area and back of headstock/serial number still had the vintage tint gloss left, felt great but killed any value. Dident want to risk eating it later.

Go to my store who had warned me i cant return anything for awhile unless broken/damaged ect. I Show him the sanded neck, he takes it to a manager and their tech and he says this is the way it came stock. I.e. Nothing is wrong. I look at all 3 in disbelief and say this isent a road worn and show pics from fender.com/reverb showing non sanded necks. Nope its stock they say and they wont return and began to get aggressive. He was super cool a week before when i was in the area looking at a new Heritage h150...... suprise suprise, he wanted to get me better financing wanted to plug me into a amp ect.

Now they say im locked out of returns altogether even if its broken/damaged anything. Called the store the strat came from, the manager was super cool and apologized over and over and sent me a return label in 5 minutes.......

Latest Threads