The:

• Gibson LP studio faded

Votes: 36 90.0%
  • Epiphone LP custom

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

LesPaulMax

Reaction score
I want to buy a new guitar and I want a LP to replace my bad quality ibanez rg350ex-bk with the f*ck*ng edge III floyd rose!!! :dude: BUT! I don't know what to choose between the Gibson LP studio faded and the Epiphone LP custom... I buy on ebay (I live in Canada..) so I can't try the guitar before buy... The Gibson is 650$ "used" and the epiphone 450$ new (CAD $). Can you help me with my choice and give me advice please :D

Thanks! :slash:

(Sorry for my bad english, I'm canadien french :p)

P.S. Don't say to buy an elite-elistit... I can't find them anywhere!

D_Strasse

Reaction score
LP Faded.

I think Epis are nice guitars (I have one) BUT the faded sounds soooo good and will play like any other gibby while not costing an arm and a leg. If I had this option years ago when I bought my Epi, this is what I would have done.

LPV

Reaction score
Faut joué les 2 pour d'être confiant. Mais pour moi c'est clair- Gibson. Usagé avec une prix resonable, tu perdre pas si j'amais tu decide de re-vendre.

I say go with the Gibson. You'll get a different response in the epi section tho.

Ferrarimk13

Reaction score
the gibson is a great guitar for the money, and i would take any gibson over any epi.

TKOjams

Reaction score
The faded, better wood, better hardware, better electronics, higher resale value. It's just not as pretty.

LesPaulMax

Reaction score
My question now: Those the gibson have a better sound than my crappy ibanez?

Dino Velvet

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor.. and any other copy guitar fans reading this. Never post something comparing a non Gibson guitar to a Gibson in the Gibson sections. The answer is always going to be Gibson. Now try posting your question in the other guitars section and see what kind of response you get. But to answer your question, buy the one YOU like better. What difference does it make what we think ? I would be willing to bet 99% of the people here will never meet or jam with you.

rockstar232007

Reaction score
No one answer my question :p
In this case, the faded will give you better quality/value for your money.

So, my advice would be to get the Studio Faded.
Do yourself a favor.. and any other copy guitar fans reading this. Never post something comparing a non Gibson guitar to a Gibson in the Gibson sections. The answer is always going to be Gibson. Now try posting your question in the other guitars section and see what kind of response you get. But to answer your question, buy the one YOU like better. What difference does it make what we think ? I would be willing to bet 99% of the people here will never meet or jam with you.
+1.

LesPaulMax

Reaction score
Oh it's true!
I never think of that...
I'm gonna try in the epiphone section too see ;)

mhz

Reaction score
maybe this might help?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7aIESfIK7g]YouTube - Gibson LP Studio vs Epiphone LP Standard (w/ SD JB)[/ame]

Mr Insane

Reaction score
The Epi may seem nice at first, but it will eventually show its true colors.

Latest Threads