Gibson LP Real or Fake?????

chef

Reaction score
yes. They made it with a mixture of resin and recycled Rice Chex cereal boxes.

Blonde Richlite...very good, well done
At least I still lurk and have useful information occasionally.

kuhboom

Reaction score
Regardless of the fact that this guitar is fake as hell, whenever I see a "for sale" ad with pictures like this I immediately back away. Guitar thrown on to a dirty bed, sh*t scattered all over the place, gross toes in the frame.. It's 2020, literally anyone can take a decently framed photo with a phone to make a sale. If you can't be bothered to do the basics of selling, I can't be bothered to look at your ad.

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regardless of the fact that this guitar is fake as hell, whenever I see a "for sale" ad with pictures like this I immediately back away. Guitar thrown on to a dirty bed, sh*t scattered all over the place, gross toes in the frame.. It's 2020, literally anyone can take a decently framed photo with a phone to make a sale. If you can't be bothered to do the basics of selling, I can't be bothered to look at your ad.
And often times, the worst pictures are from music stores looking to supplement their walk-in business with online sales.
Yep... Slap it on a stand next to a used amp with the front windows backlighting everything and snap a blurry picture with a flip-phone, then get snotty when people email asking for better pictures.

danzego

Reaction score
One clue might have been how long I’ve been hanging around this forum.

....ok? Not really sure what that has to do with anything. I don't even recognize you, btw. :dunno:

mudface

Boo Bee
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I commented about internet and search for confirmation of guitar's producer because we didn't have this information when i started, people rarely made faked any guitar back then. Even Slash used copy for many things. Paying Gibson money for something that is not Gibson normally doesn't make sense if resale value is highest priority. If this is not the case when someone wants good sounding and long lasting guitar, then why would care? Very good examples are some Japanese and Czech (Epiphone although made to Gibson specs) Les Pauls. My Czech Epi is pretty beaten, needs a few hours of attention from luthier, but sounds better than Gibson Studio i had even without recplacing pickups in Epi.
The issue is having the GIBSON brand on a fake guitar.......... "Copies" are fine as long as they are branded other than GIBSON. A Gibson logo on a fake guitar is illegal.......period.

Latest Threads