Gibson LP Real or Fake?????

mudface

Boo Bee
Premium Member
Reaction score
Truss rod cover printed upside down. (OK for a lefty, maybe...)
Well if it was written in Chinese i wouldn't be able to tell if it's right side up......... I am sure it's the same for the poor chinese person reading english...... an innocent mistake.

:rofl:

jk60LPTH

Reaction score
Wait, what? I admit I've been having trouble remembering what day it is after being cooped up so long during the pandemic, but IS IT REALLY THE FIRST OF APRIL ALREADY????

Mockbel

Reaction score
I know a guy who has a very similar one.. I think it was just in different color but same neck and fretboard.. he knows it is fake but swears it is better than Gibsons he played (he owns a guitar shop)... I didn’t even bother trying it !

Dom WInter

Reaction score
what you have there is a glorious example of everything that isn't a real Gibson Les Paul :)

601Ken

Reaction score
Fake from head to toe :)

Might make a good "gigging" guitar. Insure it for 5K & hope it gets stolen!

Louparte

Reaction score
not a gibson

and a $100 fine will be imposed by MLP for showing toes in photos

:rofl:
Yeah. More information than required.

Posters are paying too much attention to the instrument & not enough to the
little pink cushion thing printed w/ butterflies or flowers.

That swag item was included on only a few LP Customs made-to-order by celebrities
whose names to this day, have been kept under wraps by Gibson Inc.

This is a very rare guitar - made even more valuable by the swag. That's what gives it away.

1601037562642.png

wolfewispr

Reaction score
Yep fake, screws in tune o matic bridge are slotted for a screwdriver, diamond logo is too low on headstock, and the word gibson is just completely wrong; fuzzy half done truss cover is wrong and it is against the nut. i could probably find more. but i'm so sick of seeing these fake gibsons and knowing soimeone out there was duped by one of the thieves selling them into buying one of these because they didn't know better.

mudface

Boo Bee
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah. More information than required.

Posters are paying too much attention to the instrument & not enough to the
little pink cushion thing printed w/ butterflies or flowers.

That swag item was included on only a few LP Customs made-to-order by celebrities
whose names to this day, have been kept under wraps by Gibson Inc.

This is a very rare guitar - made even more valuable by the swag. That's what gives it away.

View attachment 490670
The guitar isn't even resting on the "swag"...... see the shadow of the neck is completely off the pillow..... there is something directly under the headstock propping it up...... maybe more "swag"??..... but those toes..... are there two right feet?.......:rofl:

Woodekm

Reaction score
They didn't have a picture, so I think that this one was faked from someone's memory. That bad.

52-62

Reaction score
Reminds me of the totally original and perfect 59 blue sumburst strat I passed up for $450 in 1975. Yes blue sunburst and maple neck.

LPPILOT

Reaction score
That might be the ugliest fake LP ever created . SMH ...wow...

toe fine is flogging

Latest Threads