Gibson LP Real or Fake?????

BDW60

Reaction score
I was fooled for a minute but then I noticed that horn looked a little too sharp to be a real Gibson. Busted!

mudface

Boo Bee
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need one of these to end up in the hands of one of MLPs quality control LEOs and go over this with their macro lens and give it their full attention..... and create a 40 page thread on it.

I forgot the purple print...... I’m just being an ass.....excuse me I hear my wife calling me.

:rofl:

danzego

Reaction score
I was fooled for a minute but then I noticed that horn looked a little too sharp to be a real Gibson. Busted!
A little too sharp?

That looks like an LTD with a freaky ass neck and a Gibson headstock to me. Not even close to looking authentic.

emerald81

Reaction score
They forget to put the ESP decal. Or an angry employee to get revenge.

BDW60

Reaction score
A little too sharp?

That looks like an LTD with a freaky ass neck and a Gibson headstock to me. Not even close to looking authentic.
My sarcasm didn’t hit home I guess.

BDW60

Reaction score
I guess. I think it was the lack of anything indicating or coming across as sarcasm that did it.
One clue might have been how long I’ve been hanging around this forum.

dcurran87

Reaction score
Out of interest, how much was the Joker asking for it?

cmjohnson

Reaction score
So obviously fake it isn't even funny. Wonky headstock shape. Garbage inlays on the headstock. Truss rod cover printed upside down. (OK for a lefty, maybe...) Body shape totally wrong. That sharp tipped Florentine cutaway. Metric hardware. Custom style binding on the headstock...but ONLY on the headstock. Standard style on neck and body.

I give that a zero for effort. And it's the most obviously fake Chibson I've ever seen bar none.

GermHerm

Reaction score
This is a fake. Wrong body, wrong neck, ... everything is wrong.

filtersweep

Reaction score
So obviously fake it isn't even funny. Wonky headstock shape. Garbage inlays on the headstock. Truss rod cover printed upside down. (OK for a lefty, maybe...) Body shape totally wrong. That sharp tipped Florentine cutaway. Metric hardware. Custom style binding on the headstock...but ONLY on the headstock. Standard style on neck and body.

I give that a zero for effort. And it's the most obviously fake Chibson I've ever seen bar none.
Yet it appears someone is in the process of 'upgrading' it.....

Latest Threads