Gibson Lizzy Hale Custom Explorer FS/FT/ ANOTHER price drop

splatter

Reaction score
I bought this new from Sweetwater a few months back. It showed up with a chip on the lower corner which I repaired.
I also put a Floyd Rose FRX on it which is still on the guitar and I added a black 3 ply pickguard to it and changed where the strap post was located so that the guitar doesn't lean away from you as you play. This is how Gibson does the CS models. I filled the hole of the original strap post.So now as you can see it looks like a custom shop model.I left the gold rings around the pups cause I like them. They can be easily removed and the rings underneath are black The pups have been changed to a Jalen 78 in the bridge and a Jalen HB in the neck. The 57 classics this guitar came with just didn't do it justice
I have all the parts except the pups to return it to the original LIZZY Hale version. All parts will be included in the sale.I also have a BK rebel yell I will be glad to swap out for the 78 if you wish. This model explorer is one of the few guitars has put out in the last few years that Has MOP inlays instead of the tacky plastic inlays
I added the repaired finish pics. The small dot of wood is where I missed with the color. It has clear over it. It is NOT EXPOSED WOOD.
I also added the moved strap post and the filled strap post hole pics. I didn't worry too much about making it so I couldn't see it since it is on the back of the guitar.
BTW the FRX works better than the OFR's I have. It is also a lot smoother. I have always had it for dive only so I can't speak to how well it pulls up
The guitar does have a few "swirl" marks like any other black guitar. However, there is no wear on the guitar, Frets, and neck are perfect
$1500 + shipping

Last edited:

splatter

Reaction score
now considering trades , I can't think of anything I want right off . I don't like fenders so there's that but I'm willing to listen to what ever you have .Probably be more likely to trade for a high gain amp than a guitar

splatter

Reaction score
Heard these guitars were slightly pricey.
If I remember correctly they were $2350 new but unlike most Gibsons they have real MOP inlays and it is alot nicer than the explorer standard I bought about the same time