Gibson Limited Edition Hand Select AAA 50’s and 60’s 3K, Gibson.com Exclusive

mjross

Reaction score

How do you see what you are getting if you have to order from Gibson.com. I do not see a mechanism to view the guitar selection. I must be missing something!

Last edited:

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
A $300 upcharge doesn't seem too bad for a hand-selected top, but AAA by Gibson's standards may not move the needle for a lot of buyers.

mjross

Reaction score
A $300 upcharge doesn't seem too bad for a hand-selected top, but AAA by Gibson's standards may not move the needle for a lot of buyers.
Hear that! It would be nice however to see a selection something similar to Wildwood. I do not see anything that suggest selection availability. I put one in my cart and all I got was checkout! I must be missing something.

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hear that! It would be nice however to see a selection something similar to Wildwood. I do not see anything that suggest selection availability. I put one in my cart and all I got was checkout! I must be missing something.
I definitely wouldn't buy one blindly. I never understood why anyone does that. I could look through 1,000 tops and not see one I like.

mudface

Shaw Bucker
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
those robots deserve a raise.

IMG_0593.jpg

Last edited:

jbash

Reaction score
I saw that email today.

What I cannot figure out is-how do these differ from the AAA top guitars that are (no longer) Sweetwater/AMS/ZZounds exclusives that are currently going for $2899?

They have had the AAA top exclusives in the same color variations for a few years.

mjross

Reaction score
I saw that email today.

What I cannot figure out is-how do these differ from the AAA top guitars that are (no longer) Sweetwater/AMS/ZZounds exclusives that are currently going for $2899?

They have had the AAA top exclusives in the same color variations for a few years.
Or Wildwood which are still available!

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Yep, you are going to purchase blindly and hope for the best.

What is Gibson's return policy, and does it cost to send it back if you don't like it?

I paid for express/overnight shipping on my Jerry Cantrell, otherwise it was going to take like 8-10 days to get it.

irocdave12

Reaction score
I saw that email today.

Good eye …they don’t differ and are the exact same offerings as AMS etc. I imagine the retailers didn’t sell as many of these as Gibson had manufactured for and this is Gibson trying to clear out some warehouse space.

gibsonofabitch

Reaction score
this image was taken on april 30th 2021 at a bay area gc - my brother guilt tripped me saying i couldnt buy the same guitar as his even tho he copied my goldtop 50s standard! regardless, its weird to see how times have changed

Attachments

• IMG_1310.JPG
    IMG_1310.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 38

Latest Threads