gibson lespaul tradtional with 57 pups

jimmy wright

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me if removing the covers on my lespaul with 57 pickups will make a difference in sound

peobryant

Reaction score
Covers on or covers off doesn't make a difference to my ear, I can't tell the difference. There are some people that swear they can hear a difference, though.

Mockbel

Reaction score
I suggest to leave them as they are

Caretaker

Reaction score
I find with covers on my tone is a little warmer vs covers off a little more raw. Unpotted of course.
Potted will mostly sound the same.
I also use .022 bridge and .015 neck as far as caps, and at least 500K pots.

David Garner

Reaction score
Not much if any. I’ve used a 57+ covered and uncovered. It sounded good both ways.

Latearrival

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me if removing the covers on my lespaul with 57 pickups will make a difference in sound
What is it that you are looking for (soundwise?) Removing covers is a faff, and you would get a much bigger difference by changing the pick-up type!

David Garner

Reaction score
What is it that you are looking for (soundwise?) Removing covers is a faff, and you would get a much bigger difference by changing the pick-up type!
Second this. I just added covers to a JB/59 set in one of my LPs. Once I got them adjusted, they basically sound the same.

Use nickel silver and cover or uncover as you please.

gball

Reaction score
Makes far, far less difference than turning a knob on your amp or OD, if it makes a difference at all.

Latest Threads