Gibson Les Pauls in the movies or on TV.

Bobby Burrows

Banned
Reaction score
I remember watching Honey I Blew Up The Kid one Christmas growing up, and thinking, wow, that kid's lucky, his parents bought him a real life Gibson Les Paul.

There's a guitarist on this TV show called Red Dwarf and he plays a Les Paul, but, I think, in filming, I've seen a lot of LP shaped guitars play this guitar.
I think the character just says 'Les Paul' instead of Gibson, not sure.
This old school show, old after school show called 100 Deeds for Eddie McDowd, and Tori, that British exchange student, she once described her Gibson Les Paul, and she had a nice black Gibson Les Paul.

Bobby Burrows

Banned
Reaction score
Also, Agent K had a very cool looking Gibson Les Paul in his apartment in Men In Black III.
It was so cool, it elevated the character for me.

Utmost

Reaction score
Mouse Rat lead guitarist had a Lester in a parks n rec I saw the other day.

DukeofBeer

Reaction score
The George Lopez show had an episode where George was given an amber flame topped Les Paul Standard (I think it was a birthday gift). I liked the show and him a little more after that.

rockstar232007

Reaction score
I remember watching Honey I Blew Up The Kid one Christmas growing up, and thinking, wow, that kid's lucky, his parents bought him a real life Gibson Les Paul.

There's a guitarist on this TV show called Red Dwarf and he plays a Les Paul, but, I think, in filming, I've seen a lot of LP shaped guitars play this guitar.
I think the character just says 'Les Paul' instead of Gibson, not sure.
This old school show, old after school show called 100 Deeds for Eddie McDowd, and Tori, that British exchange student, she once described her Gibson Les Paul, and she had a nice black Gibson Les Paul.
The guitar used in HIBUTK was not actually a Gibson. It was some sort of Studio copy, with a bolt-on neck.

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Song Remains The Same

The Kids Are Alright (a Les Paul got murdered in this movie)

Tommy

Scotheath

Reaction score
The wedding singer, guitarist in the band has a custom I believe. And a side note, I was watching Happy Days the other day and noticed Potsie was playing a TV yellow junior

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
Evidence: Dot inlays and can't see the headstock too well but it's NOT a Gibson. Good for a chuckle though.
In fact it appears covered so as not to upset anyone.

anorton

Reaction score
My kids used to watch Drake and Josh on Nickelodeon. Drake used to play a wine red LP with white plastics. Sweet guitar.

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Californication has several Gibson appearances throughout the series.

Bobby Burrows

Banned
Reaction score

"Les"
https://reddwarf.fandom.com/wiki/Lister's_Guitar
Evidence: Dot inlays and can't see the headstock too well but it's NOT a Gibson. Good for a chuckle though.
In fact it appears covered so as not to upset anyone.
Lister called it a Les Paul in that episode where they found it floating in space.

Guess it's just a Gibson Les Paul copy.

Last edited:

Latest Threads